Second round offers tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twellsmum1111

Second round offers tomorrow

Post by Twellsmum1111 »

Has anyone received an offer in the second round before? As far as I can tell, they say they will write to you tomorrow, so do you just have to wait for the post on Thursday/Friday? Or do they email you too/can you check online? Thanks!
Persephone08

Re: Second round offers tomorrow

Post by Persephone08 »

Thanks for asking this. I'm wondering exactly the same! Also, whether you only hear something if you have been offered a place, and whether the waiting list automatically goes to your desired school (and the waiting continues) if you haven't. Thanks!
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Think it is just letter, and yes, you do get a letter if no higher preference has become available, as well as if it has. And yes, the waiting lists do go to the schools after that so you can contact them and ask for position.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Letters have been put in the post today. Good Luck
Persephone08

Post by Persephone08 »

Thank you - that's really helpful. Will save my fretting for tomorrow then ;)
Starfish99

Post by Starfish99 »

Good luck to everyone waiting, and remember that there is often a lot more movement in the lists in the weeks following the second chance allocations than on the day itself, so if you don’t get a place today there is still hope! Now that the lists have been passed to the schools (rather than held by KCC), they will be able to tell you exactly where your child is on the list and give you a realistic idea of the chance of getting a place. That was my experience three years ago anyway.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

The forum is much quieter this year. I see Judd's announced that the inner area cut off has dropped to 373 for inner area (from 377) but stays at 402 for outer area - that's very high! Any other news? Dartford Boys never seems to move much in score terms so assuming it hasn't again this year.
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

It's so quiet this year! Anyone heard anything about Skinners' - did any/all of those high scoring boys north of Sevenoaks who'd missed out on distance get places?
Beausmum

Post by Beausmum »

I have tried to contact Skinners’ today but got only an answerphone. Hoping they will get back to me on Monday
lapindebois

Post by lapindebois »

And if they did all get places, then any places left jump down to 323? Seems an odd way of doing it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now