Watford boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bushey38

Watford boys

Post by Bushey38 »

Does anyone know how many places that have been offered from the inner academic waiting list over the last few years. From allocation day to the start of year 7. I appreciate it’s different every year but just trying to work our if there’s any hope or not.
Hera

Re: Watford boys

Post by Hera »

I think that the outer list generally seems to have more movement than the inner waiting list. Last year the inner list barely moved at all compared to previous years. I knew of boys very high up on the waiting list who expected to get a place and didn't. I am sure that you have looked at the admissions sticky where the difference between the March and September cut offs should give you an idea of how the lists have moved year on year. I would hazard a guess that on average the inner list would move around 10.
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

Thank you I will look again at the posts on here. I’ve mainly found info that says the scores cut offs from allocation day to start of year 7. Rather than how many places are offered from the inner academic waiting lists.
Para74

Post by Para74 »

Inner academic CI list moved one more place. Compare to last year there was no movement in the last year around this time. Then moved quite a few in the September time. This year in total there is 2 places moved till to date hopefully further movement before September.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

"Quite a few in September."

That will be all the selfish parents holding onto private and state schools places right upto the start of term just because they can.

How many places came up between March and September last year?

Thank you.

DG
Para74

Post by Para74 »

Daogroupie wrote:"Quite a few in September."

That will be all the selfish parents holding onto private and state schools places right upto the start of term just because they can.

How many places came up between March and September last year?

Thank you.

DG
This from a parent last year

"Yes my son got at the end, though there was no movement in CI round 1 and 2 at all for Boys Grammar but we stayed in CI list and we got at the end. Normally boys list goes 2-3 marks down in 1&2 round but last yr was unusual, but u will get get a place."

His son's rank was around 6th and got the offer in the end he said.

You are right some of them are holding by paying a £1000 deposit to the private schools and they argued they didn't know if their circumstances changes between till and September ..
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Really.

What about the possible change in their circumstances between September of Y7 and July of Y13?

DG
Para74

Post by Para74 »

Daogroupie wrote:Really.

What about the possible change in their circumstances between September of Y7 and July of Y13?

DG
No Between March 2019 till September 2019
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

The inner academic waiting list has moved one more place for Watford boys grammar.
Jam

Post by Jam »

We received good news yesterday- our DS was offered a place at WGSB. He was 4th on the waiting list on allocation day and 2nd on the list after the 2nd round.
I’d always been told that the list does move; we are so thankful, that this was the case for us.
Thank you to everyone for the supportive comments. Wishing anyone else who is waiting all the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now