Bus service from Bromley to Tonbridge Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SJan

Bus service from Bromley to Tonbridge Grammar

Post by SJan »

My daughter got a place in Tonbridge Grammar School. We are trying to move, but looks like it will take time. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to find what our commuting options are. Does anyone know if there is a bus service from Bromley area ?

(We live in West Wickham. Orpington station is far from here)
doodles

Re: Bus service from Bromley to Tonbridge Grammar

Post by doodles »

West Wickham to Tonbridge by bus isn't going to be a pleasant journey for your dd, I would imagine that she will have to change bus at least once. Is there any chance that you could drive her to Bromley station? It would make her life so much easier especially with all the adjustments she will have to make changing school etc. Her journey is going to have to start very early if she has to go by bus.

Your first point of call should be the KCC website and the school transport option. On that page is this journey planner link

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se ... eOffset=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
SJan

Post by SJan »

Im happy to drop her off near Bromley South Station. Worst case I'll have to drop her to Orpington station, it'll be a long drive esp with rush hour traffic.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

There are several boys go from Petts Wood (and Bickley) to Skinners in Tunbridge Wells, changing at Orpington, so I should think Bromley South to Tonbridge should be fine.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

There are buses from West Wickham to Bromley South station, if you don't fancy turning out in the morning? Bus travel has the advantage of being free for children in the TfL area.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now