Altrincham Girls/Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JennieM

Altrincham Girls/Boys

Post by JennieM »

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give an idea on the "realistic" priority catchment areas for the Altrincham Grammar Girls and Boys schools before the places are filled up?

I am looking at properties within about 1 mile to 2 miles from the schools and wonder if there will be any realistic difference between say a 1 mile distance compared to 1.8 or 2 miles?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Altrincham Girls/Boys

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I think at those distances you'll be fine. Unless it has changed the boys admit all boys in catchment who pass with a distance and post code criteria and I can't remember for the girls think its similar.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I should have said that the council or school will be able to tell you the last place allocated within catchment/priority area for the past few years.
JennieM

Post by JennieM »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:I should have said that the council or school will be able to tell you the last place allocated within catchment/priority area for the past few years.
Ah, thanks very much for the pointer! :)
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

For (at least) 2018 and 2019 the last admitted child to the Boys' was out of catchment. 2019 is the new, larger catchment.

It all depends on how many children pass the 11+ of course, but I would say if you are in catchment you would have got in every year for a very long time.