Sally-Anne's Free Rice Thread

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moderators

Sally-Anne's Free Rice Thread

Post by Moderators »

Many of you will have benefited from the advice and wit of our Moderator Sally-Anne, who sadly passed away recently. As a tribute to her unfailing enthusiasm and support we thought it would be timely to repost this thread, which she originally shared in 2007. Helping others was something Sally-Anne did in a number of ways both here and in her real life. She was a fan of 'Free Rice' as it supported learning, benefited others and was also good fun. I am sure she would be glad that it was still being used by forum members and that some good continued from her efforts here.
marigold

Re: Sally-Anne's Free Rice Thread

Post by marigold »

DD and DS and I used to play this every every every evening whilst I was cooking supper. We learnt so much and had great fun with it waiting for pasta to cook, potatoes to be mashed, oven chips to bake..

I have very happy memories of those times, thank you Sally-Anne. I think she also recommeded a game which involved countries/capitals of the world and states of America and which I endlessly played with the children and which has also given me more than my fair share of correct answers on both Pointtess and University Challenge.

I have just tried level 60, not proud of my result.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now