Solihull school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Slater25

Solihull school

Post by Slater25 »

Does anyone know what the pass rate is for the exam for Solihull school or if they standardise it.

I have downloaded the exams from the website and the English paper looks really hard. I’m not after a scholarship or anything just enough to get in but the comprehension paper frightened me somewhat
hermanmunster

Re: Solihull school

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't know about the pass rate there, it used to be quite but hopefully someone will have more idea.

Thinking about it for boys in the area looking for a fee paying place, there Solihull, KES & Warwick. Many lads will have previously gone to B'ham GS but this may no longer be an option, how many of them will be happy to go without a scholarship is unknown.

As far as exams of any sort are concerned, the key is not how hard the paper appears just that they do well enough in it to be offered a place. Say we gave GCSE exam papers to 11 year olds - they may not get more than 20% but if everyone else gets 10% then they will be doing very well.

Have you shown your son the paper - sometimes they have done more than you think at school!
simplelearning

Re: Solihull school

Post by simplelearning »

My son is at KES, they look for well rounded students. We were fortunate our son plays cricket and chess. Normally you'll get called in for an interview, they just want to see what the child is like. In terms of the exams, they are not as difficult as the 11+ (according to my son). He got CHB but opted for KES.