Birthday present for 16 year old Boy

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
food4thought

Birthday present for 16 year old Boy

Post by food4thought »

Hello Folks,

My boy turns 16 in a few weeks. I have no idea what to get him. He wants nothing..... any suggestions please?
ConfusedFather

Re: Birthday present for 16 year old Boy

Post by ConfusedFather »

A Young Driver lesson?
They do it from age 10, and younger kids love it, not sure how much it would appeal for a 16 yo.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS was 16 last summer and wanted money as he was saving towards something or other but because I like them to have something to open :oops: we also bought him an old fashioned radio. It doesn't do anything else it's just a radio and he loves it, it seems to be on all the time.

Depending on your budget: an apple watch (present from very indulgent grandmother), a Fitbit, an Alexa (or similar), a sound bar and headphones are all much used by both my DS
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Choccy74

Post by Choccy74 »

ConfusedFather wrote:A Young Driver lesson?
They do it from age 10, and younger kids love it, not sure how much it would appeal for a 16 yo.
My 16yo nephew did this a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it...now he can't wait to be 17 and have his own car :shock: :)
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

A flying lesson or a parachute jump.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

A wing walking session? Have just discovered that this is offered at an aerodrome about 20 miles from us (an incidental finding when looking up what the 'festival' was whose shuttle buses are running from the station where I parked yesterday :)).

Although I can safely say that had we booked this (or the parachute jump, for that matter) for DS1 or DS2 (or DD), they would probably have assumed that we were trying to get rid of them :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KB

Post by KB »

I'd get something really low cost so a parcel to open - maybe favourite edible or drink - and put the money aside for when he does want something ( eg driving lessons next year).
salsa

Post by salsa »

Sound cancelling headphones, gaming keyboard or mouse, phone speaker?

Salsa
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

In the end, I got him a parker pen - engraved with his name and he is happy with that. :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now