Travel Newport Girls NGHS from Wolverhampton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousdad1

Travel Newport Girls NGHS from Wolverhampton

Post by nervousdad1 »

All

I am currently speaking to a local coach company in Wolverhampton who is looking to put a coach on from Wolverhampton to NGHS need 16 children to make this work currently have approx 7.

thanks
kathb

Re: Travel Newport Girls NGHS from Wolverhampton

Post by kathb »

There is a NGHS mini bus/coach that picks up at The Cruwn on the Wergs Road.
Mainly year 10 girls up it’s orgabised through Ultinate in Newport.

Might be worth speaking to them or write an email with your contact details and ask School to send it out to all new yr7 parents in Wolves.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

Thank you
we are currently organising transport from several pick ups in Wolves for £10 a day
Hello1

Post by Hello1 »

Hello

I am interested in the coach service from Wolverhampton, Penn area to Newport girls. I also have a friends son that needs to get Adams from the same area ? Is the coach only for Newport girls.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

16 seat minibus filling up last few spaces left drop me a PM if interested
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Just curious as I may have misunderstood - it’s £10 a day, there are roughly 190 school days a year, so it will cost £1900 per school year per child? That’s a huge cost for transport.

Edited to add that with 16 children that’s £30,400 a year for the minibus company, or £160 a day? Sounds like they may be ripping you off there?
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

helen0209 wrote:Just curious as I may have misunderstood - it’s £10 a day, there are roughly 190 school days a year, so it will cost £1900 per school year per child? That’s a huge cost for transport.

Edited to add that with 16 children that’s £30,400 a year for the minibus company, or £160 a day? Sounds like they may be ripping you off there?
I do agree it sounds expensive. However, just for some context, it costs £900+ for a place on the AGS/NGHS coach with about 50 seats (I think). Clearly the coach companies do pretty well out of this trade too. With that in mind £10 per day for a 16 seater does not seem too bad ... !
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

helen0209 wrote:Just curious as I may have misunderstood - it’s £10 a day, there are roughly 190 school days a year, so it will cost £1900 per school year per child? That’s a huge cost for transport.

thanks for your concern
kathb

Post by kathb »

Gosh that is a lot my son went on the Ultimate coach for his first year and we didn't pay much more than the school coach. Contact Terry (owner) at Ultimate in Newport or the office is pretty much opposite Adams.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

Minibus from Wolverhampton was at capacity for the 2019 intake and is working really well, city centre pick up 1 in compton 2 in Tettenhall then 2 more along the A41 girls loving it my D finishes is home by 4:45 be worth getting on the waiting list for 2020
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now