Entry 2019 offers: (Woodford/ Ilford) Post Here!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sundus

Re: Entry 2019 OFFERS: (Woodford/ Ilford) Post Here!!

Post by Sundus »

klnewbie wrote:Okay, so my daughter has moved up a place today, so it’s worth having a look.

We declined her place at the school she was offered as we’re going to an independent. If they haven't got rid of those who rejected state school places, your DD might move up the list faster.....

No clue why she's still on the list......

Hiya...can you please tell what position ur DD is on Woodford waiting list... which u don’t need anymore.
klnewbie

Post by klnewbie »

Sundus wrote:
klnewbie wrote:
Hiya...can you please tell what position ur DD is on Woodford waiting list... which u don’t need anymore.

She's in the sixties. It was more the point that more people are likely to be in this situation (we can't be the only ones who are going to an independent) so there should be a number of girls who won't accept a place from the waiting list and the list should move faster than you think.
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

klnewbie wrote:
Sundus wrote:
klnewbie wrote:

She's in the sixties. It was more the point that more people are likely to be in this situation (we can't be the only ones who are going to an independent) so there should be a number of girls who won't accept a place from the waiting list and the list should move faster than you think.
Thank you so much for reply..
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

klnewbie wrote:Okay, so my daughter has moved up a place today, so it’s worth having a look.

We declined her place at the school she was offered as we’re going to an independent. If they haven't got rid of those who rejected state school places, your DD might move up the list faster.....

No clue why she's still on the list......
Did you also specifically withdraw your DD's name from the waiting list for WCHS (and any other schools you ranked higher than the one allocated) when you turned down the allocated school place?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
klnewbie

Post by klnewbie »

No. I wouldn't even know why or how I'd do that. My understanding is that if you reject the place you are offered and tell them you are going to an independent school they take you off all lists.

All the information I have tells you not to reject a school place, even if it's not your preference as you'll be taken off the waiting lists for all higher ranked schools
(although I'll admit this hasn't happened here - although it's a non issue as there is no way the waiting list is moving over 60 places)....
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

Hiya...movement happened and my daughter is in 18th position. I don’t wanna lose hope...
With

Post by With »

Hi yes my dd is in 12 so let’s wait and see
Madikhan

Post by Madikhan »

Hello everyone
There is no movement since May, does anyone have an idea when they will probably move quicker...it’s so slow and frustrating
With

Post by With »

Yeh true, I got fade up of checking the waiting list now, I can totally understand your feelings. Hope it moves quicker
roon129

Post by roon129 »

Writing on behalf of a friends child

He had put a school far away as priority 1 and local grammar school as priority 2 in CAF

Local grammar school the score was quite high and the child got allocated a seat there ( priority 2) and was placed in WL for priority 1 school.
Now the WL has cleared but the child no longer wants to go to priority 1 school. Can the child stick with priority 2 school ? Local council wants the child to join P1 school as it was the childs first choice.

TIA
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now