End of year exams at Sutton girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moonsun

End of year exams at Sutton girls

Post by Moonsun »

My daughter is panicking as her end of year 7 exams are in the coming week-- are they tested comprehensively, is it thorough or manageable for an average grammar school kid
The timetable has three exams on some days

Now even I am getting g worried
kenyancowgirl

Re: End of year exams at Sutton girls

Post by kenyancowgirl »

End of year exams, especially in Y7 should t be too onerous. They allow the school to see what a child has learned, as well as what they have not and allow the child to get used to being assessed on a year’s worth of stuff. Most GS’s routinely carry out end of unit tests, so they shouldn’t be too tricky to revise for. I don’t think my son’s ever started revision until the half term which was the week before exam week.

Try not to worry - let her work her way and if it doesn’t work out, at least she can try different revision techniques next time.
Moonsun

Post by Moonsun »

Thankyou that's reassuring
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

My 2 have both been through year 7 exams at scgsg.
Tell your dd not to worry, they are just like the tests they have on a regular basis but covering the whole year.
The marks will go on the end of year report, but ultimately make no difference. Year 7 exams are just part of the overall practice of how to revise and do exams building up to GCSE.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now