A well done

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GSHopeful

A well done

Post by GSHopeful »

I’ve been lurking and reading and borrowing pearls of wisdom from Etienne for months and more recently have been reading the various outcomes of individual’s appeals. I just wanted to say that anyone who has the courage to go through an appeal on behalf of their child deserves to feel immensely proud of themselves. It is a huge undertaking and a stomach churning experience sitting before a panel of strangers who in that moment you feel will ultimately decide on your child’s future.

I’ve recently been through the process and await our result but I hand on heart know I did all I could. To those who didn’t get the answer they wanted, I hope you can still pull a glimmer of positivity from the experience and seek comfort in the effort you went to for your child.

So this post is just a well done from me to all of us for trying and I hope everyone’s DC have a wonderful Secondary school experience wherever they go. xx
Bexleyresident

Re: A well done

Post by Bexleyresident »

This is such a lovely comment. I have my appeal hearing today and am so nervous to talk about my son in front of a group of strangers and worry that I won’t be able to say all I need to in the time given.

However I know that after today that I will have done my very best to give my son the chance at the school he has his heart set on.

Good luck to all appealing and awaiting an outcome.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

I hope you find the experience ok and say what you want to say in the time. Best of luck xx
Bexleyresident

Post by Bexleyresident »

The appeal meeting went ok. Lots of questions asked but ones we were prepared for. I feel that we put across all the information that we wanted to and put forward a good case for our son. We’ve come out not feeling very hopeful but we know we’ve done our best.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

You’ve done all you can so be happy with that for now and roll on the 5 working days .... is that when you’ll hear?
Bexleyresident

Post by Bexleyresident »

Thanks. Should know by the end of next week. Good luck with your appeal too. X
authormum

Post by authormum »

Thanks for this comment, and fully agree. Good luck to everyone. Sometimes it’s easy to think you are in competition with other families, but when you meet parents at group hearings or outside appeal hearings it’s clear every family is just good people trying to do everything they can to get the best for their child. We’re done now and just have to wait and see, but I honestly think the schools and panels are doing their best.
abraham

Post by abraham »

Thank you for this from me too. It feels like such an isolating experience at times, and there is a lot of pressure put on you by the authorities etc. to give up, shut up, and accept things as they are - it's nice just to know there are other people out there that understand your motivations, and get that it's just about doing every last thing you can do for your child until you reach the point where there really is nothing else you can do (even when you know it's a hopeless cause!)
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

Our hearing is next week, but I really definitely needed to read this thread today. Thanks, everyone, and fingers crossed all round.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now