2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bluejay

Re: 2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Post by bluejay »

LChelt wrote:
bluejay wrote:We were on 234 and were offered a place on Friday 12th April.
We were in position 17 of 21 children who had a 234 score.

As of 12th April 46 places had been offered by KEFW.

So for them to have offered 81 places as of yesterday and still offering more today it seems that KEFW will be offering at least 85 children places off the WL this year, again there may be a few more than don't turn up for induction day so some more slight movement will occur.
Last year it seemed they offered in the region of 65-70 places so there has definitely been more movement this year.

Good luck to all those still waiting. Movement is clearly still going on. :)
Wish QMHS list would move - enough for my daughter :wink:
I do too for you and your DD LChelt .... it looks like each school is making substantial offers one at a time. I hope all this movement in Bhm reflects on QM very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Thank you Bluejay but think we’re too far away!
Wolczr

Post by Wolczr »

Hi Bluejay,

update from Admissions today

was: wolczr (225) 53rd position on 28.3.19 (9 miles Moseley)
now: wolczr (225) 15th position on 30.4.19 (9 miles Moseley)
Wolczr

Post by Wolczr »

Just to clarify: this relates to the wolczr application to BV.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Wolczr wrote:Just to clarify: this relates to the wolczr application to BV.
Hi Wolczr

I will collate all movement and ask the mods to update the front page every week as I could only edit for a week or so.
Best of luck to you and your DS. Hopefully the movement at KEFW will filter down to BV very soon. :D
Sfaisal

Post by Sfaisal »

Hi all, we have received the offer letter from Handsworth Girls today. Score 220 around 11 miles. Will be accepting the place leaving Wolverhampton girls high.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Sfaisal wrote:Hi all, we have received the offer letter from Handsworth Girls today. Score 220 around 11 miles. Will be accepting the place leaving Wolverhampton girls high.

Congratulations :D

The waiting can now end!
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

My daughter scored 320 for QMHS, she has gone from 42 down to 17 (according to the admissions office) on the waiting list. Does anyone think we have a chance or as I’m assuming, it is too far away. Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

LChelt wrote: Does anyone think we have a chance or as I’m assuming, it is too far away. Thanks
If you want us to be hopeful, then, yes, you have a chance. If you want us to be honest, then, there is unlikely to be massive movement between now and September. But even a small movement in another school may have a knock on for QMHS - and after the induction days, children may decide to stay where they were originally offered, so that one place might actually jump quite a few in the waiting list ranking. However, 17 is still a way to go - you might get offered before term starts, you might not - you might get offered after term starts, you might not. There are no certainties except the place you already hold.

Focus now on fully embracing your offered school - anything else is a bonus.
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

LChelt wrote:My daughter scored 320 for QMHS, she has gone from 42 down to 17 (according to the admissions office) on the waiting list. Does anyone think we have a chance or as I’m assuming, it is too far away. Thanks
That is a big jump LChelt I really hope it moves further for you it’s still only June still hope fingers crossed.