Cchs familiarisation days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum2twogirls

Cchs familiarisation days

Post by mum2twogirls »

Hi all,

My friends daughter has been invited to a familiarisation day at CCHS because they will sit the exam in September .

Is this an exclusive invite to specific children as I have signed my daughter up too and have not heard anything...

Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Re: Cchs familiarisation days

Post by ToadMum »

Is it anything to do with this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -urn136412

Outreach

CCHS already works with an established partnership of 10 junior and primary schools within Chelmsford. These are the schools with the highest proportion of children on free school meals (FSM) or in receipt of pupil premium, they are:

Parkwood Academy
Larkrise Primary
Lawford Mead Primary
Trinity Road Primary
Maltese Road Primary
Kings Road Primary
Westlands Primary
The Bishops’ School
Boreham Primary
Moulsham Junior School

Additional schools will be targeted where a need is identified.

CCHS has identified further work targeting English and Maths in order to enable more disadvantaged girls to access the verbal and numerical sections of the CCHS Entrance Test. CCHS will run summer workshops aimed at year 4 and 5 disadvantaged girls as identified by the primary schools as pupil premium eligible girls. These will be run by CCHS staff and sixth formers.

CCHS staff will help primary schools set up “extension/challenge clubs” aimed at exciting the children with word and number games and puzzles in order to familiarise them with the kind of questions they will face in the entrance test. Sixth Formers will help deliver these as part of the CCHS community service programme.

Three hours free test familiarisation will be offered in the summer for Year 5 students preceding the CCHS Entrance Test in September of year 6. This will be provided for year 5 PP girls. It will be overseen by staff and delivered by sixth formers.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now