KEFW Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bewilderedofbearwood

KEFW Induction Day

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is planning on sending their DC on the Green Bus to the induction day? Or anyone who can share how their child found it on a previous induction day?We are going to be using the Green bus come September (route 881) but the thought of my son being the only primary school child on the bus makes me feel unreasonably overprotective. :|
kh20

Re: KEFW Induction Day

Post by kh20 »

I think we will be sending him on the bus for induction day to KEFW as my daughter needs to get to her induction day at Handsworth at the same time!. I was, like you, going to wait until September but thought it would be good practice for us all.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Just check with the Green Bus, but think you will need a Swift PAYG card for a one off journey as they don’t accept cash.
kh20

Post by kh20 »

KEFW have sent them a pass they can use for the day.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

kh20 wrote:KEFW have sent them a pass they can use for the day.
Bonus :D
smarties3

Post by smarties3 »

I am planning to send DD on public transport with her brother. I have no doubt they will sit separately and he will disown her on arrival at school :lol:
We sent DS on the green bus on his own not knowing anyone on his induction day 2 years ago - all was well, I think the green bus drivers are well aware the year 6s get on and when they are dropped off they just walk with the masses to reception.
Exciting times for them. One minute they are taken to primary school, the next we are releasing them to cross roads and hail buses!! They are of course fine, and totally relish the independence!
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Thanks everyone. I think we will let him get the green bus. He is looking forward to it - just me stressing!
I think it will be better for the first day of term if he has already given it a go.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now