Chalford Hill (or even Stroud) to Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
laurenceneville

Chalford Hill (or even Stroud) to Crypt

Post by laurenceneville »

Does anyone make the journey from Chalford Hill (or anywhere relatively nearby) to Crypt? Having looked at the school bus routes there seems to be nothing and public buses would involve a 2-bus, very long journey.
Alternatively, does anyone know of any carpools.shared taxis, etc.?
Any guidance would be very welcome!
ToadMum

Re: Chalford Hill (or even Stroud) to Crypt

Post by ToadMum »

Not helpful at this stage, I know, but is it too late to apply to Marling...? It would seem to allow about an extra hour and a half in bed in the morning.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
laurenceneville

Yes, that would be easier... but co-ed is a red line.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Then it might have to not be a grammar?
cazien

Post by cazien »

May be worth contacting John Dix (tracey@johndixtravel.co.uk) to see if he would extend his Quedgeley 1 bus route as it picks up in Frampton 07.45. We receive emails from Crypt asking parents if there would be any interest in bus routes extending.
authormum

Post by authormum »

There are quite a few Crypt/Ribston kids that take the #63 from Stroud, and it's not too long a journey, so maybe another option would be to car share just down to Merrywalks?
laurenceneville

Thanks @cazien - I will get in touch with John.

@authormum. A drive to Stroud every morning would be just about acceptable. My geography of Gloucester is quite poor. Where would Crypt/Ribston kids get off the bus and roughly how long is the walk to Crypt?
Cornflake

Post by Cornflake »

There is a bunch of Ribston and Crypt children that get the 63..if you pick it up from merry walks or even somewhere along to Whiteshill is not a long journey.. Mine go to Ribston but the Crypt kids get off at St Barnabus roundabout on the far side so no big roads to tackle.. and i guess its a 10 min walk to school..the 63 is a public bus and runs every half an hour, which has been great for after school stuff ..stage coach do an app which tells you live info when the bus is due...
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Interesting. Is co-ed a red line for you or DC? I went to a very selective all girls school in London. There were pros/cons of single sex education, but by far the biggest social issue was the fact that most of my school friends lived a long journey away from me (not whether these friends were male or female). I would have done anything to be able to pop round the corner to see friends like the comp kids did. Marling /SHS would offer a much more local set of friends that Crypt. If it was my child, the short journey would win the day, but as you say, we all have our own red lines :)
laurenceneville

Cornflake wrote:There is a bunch of Ribston and Crypt children that get the 63..if you pick it up from merry walks or even somewhere along to Whiteshill is not a long journey.. Mine go to Ribston but the Crypt kids get off at St Barnabus roundabout on the far side so no big roads to tackle.. and i guess its a 10 min walk to school..the 63 is a public bus and runs every half an hour, which has been great for after school stuff ..stage coach do an app which tells you live info when the bus is due...
Sound good. Looking on the map, it seems you would get off at St Barnabas or Tuffley Avenue - Google maps says it is about 18 minutes walk but I suspect there is a short cut: does anyone know?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now