Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lgsdale

Re: Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Post by Lgsdale »

Hey, yes my daughter is the one from Robertsbridge. I have found a taxi company called Beeline taxis after much ringing around. They have an app for bookings and you can also set up an account and pay weekly. How do I send you my number? I will be using the taxi on Thirsday morning and plan to arrange it to collect her that day as they finish a bit early to wait for the bus.
Also do you know how to get a bus pass? There is a young persons pass but you have to be a Kent resident to get one.
Mayfair321

Post by Mayfair321 »

You can buy a smart card from Kent Connect which you can set up to auto top-up
https://kentconnected.org/smartcard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You only pay for the journeys you use so this would work well for the girls only using it for the journey home. My DD is in year 8 and has been catching a train to Sevenoaks station and then a bus to and from there to school. There will probably be a few teething issues in September when the bus companies have to adapt to the new girls starting but it usually settles down and most of the time the journey runs smoothly.
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Thank you that’s really helpful. I would have liked her to do the bus both ways but due to distance it would mean her catching a train at 7.10 everyday to get there in time for the bus and I think it’s a bit much. Maybe once she’s settled and has friends on the train she won’t mind.
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Please could someone tell me the name of the bus stop for the Sevenoaks Weald? I am trying to find the times. Is it the Trinity school bus stop? Is it easy to locate? My daughter has her induction tomorrow and I am still no clearer on her journey home. She will be catching a train in the Tunbridge Wells direction. Thanks.
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

The buses all go from the main car park inside the Trinity/ Weald site. The S8 goes to Sevenoaks station. Do you know your daughter's form group? My daughter is in the current 7I form and gets the S8 (although she does not get off at the station). I think the current year 7 forms are helping the new forms tomorrow, so if your daughter is in 7I, my daughter can help. I am sure there will be some teachers around to help too.
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Thank you Optymum. I found the bus S7 on traveline that goes from Trinity at 15.50. My daughter is in 7G. I had planned to get her a taxi to the station as she finishes at 15.15 tomorrow but she wanted to stay and try the bus which I think is the best idea. Glad to know the bus stop is on site and i’m sure as you said people will help out.
KentMum5

Post by KentMum5 »

Isn't an issue with the Sevenoaks WoK site the fact that some days are in Tonbridge and some in Sevenoaks? Won't that mess up travel arrangements like this? I mean if there are shared travel plans to Sevenoaks and girls are timetabled to be in Tonbridge on different days? Though good luck to you and I'm absolutely sure it can be worked out... :) Just this would make me think! It's hard enough getting them used to arrangements getting to one school but WoK means travel to two places.
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

KentMum5 wrote:Isn't an issue with the Sevenoaks WoK site the fact that some days are in Tonbridge and some in Sevenoaks? Won't that mess up travel arrangements like this? I mean if there are shared travel plans to Sevenoaks and girls are timetabled to be in Tonbridge on different days? Though good luck to you and I'm absolutely sure it can be worked out... :) Just this would make me think! It's hard enough getting them used to arrangements getting to one school but WoK means travel to two places.
My daughter is now getting the earlier train and the bus. Fortunately though they are no longer having to spend a day at the Tonbridge site every day other week which is great news.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Has the requirement to go to the Tonbridge site once a fortnight been dropped for past, present and future intakes then?
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

mystery wrote:Has the requirement to go to the Tonbridge site once a fortnight been dropped for past, present and future intakes then?
That's right, girls no longer have to go to the Tonbridge site once a fortnight. Instead they are having various theme days throughout the year. This week they are having their first one which is an English, Music and Drama day. All girls in year 7 and 8 will be at the Tonbridge site for the day and I believe all girls in Year 9 and 10 will be at Sevenoaks for the day. The school are providing buses between the sites so the girls don't have to worry about changing their journeys.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now