Missed the Kent registration deadline. Is there any hope?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsForgetful

Missed the Kent registration deadline. Is there any hope?

Post by MrsForgetful »

Hi All, I am gutted. I have missed the registration deadline! For some reason I thought deadline was mid July! I hate myself right now. Is there any hope? Please help. Thanks in advance.
scary mum

Re: Missed the Kent registration deadline. Is there any hope

Post by scary mum »

Your post might get more replies in the Kent section. I will move it for you.
Have you contacted Kent County Council? I would have thought that should be your first step.

(Edited to correct typo)
scary mum
MrsForgetful

Post by MrsForgetful »

scary mum wrote:Your post might get more replies in the Kent section. I will move it for you.
Have you contacted Kent County Council? I would have thought that should be your first step.
Thank you. No, I haven’t. I have only just realised this evening I that the deadline was yesterday. I will find their details and contact them.

If anyone has similar experience (doubt anyone is as forgetful as me ☹️) please share. Thanks again
doodles

Post by doodles »

Give KCC a call tomorrow, but in the meantime point 21 (or thereabouts) in this doc may help you sleep.

https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
salsa

Post by salsa »

I know someone who forgot and was not allowed to apply. She was told to apply for the 12+, but we all know that the schools are full by then. Luckily, the boy got into another school with a music scholarship.

There was another person who did register, but didn’t get the confirmation email. As the date was approaching she was concerned that she hadn’t seen any details of the exam venue. When she called them they said that they didn’t have a registration for them. Long story, but they did allow the child to take the exam as a late applicant which meant that he wasn’t considered for the first round of allocations, but did get a place on the waiting list.

Best of luck!

Salsa
salsa

Post by salsa »

Crossed posts with Doodles. Both applicants I was talking about were from outside of Kent. Are you a Kent resident MrsForgetful?

Salsa
MrsForgetful

Post by MrsForgetful »

Thank you everyone. We are in Bexley (Sidcup).

I will ring the council in the morning. I feel so stupid. My daughter has been working very hard to prepare for the test. We still have the Bexley test but I was more hopeful for Kent
lapindebois

Post by lapindebois »

If you live in county you've got until 12th July to submit a paper application - I don't know if it's the same for out of county im afraid. Ring Kent.
MrsForgetful

Post by MrsForgetful »

Thank you all for replying. Got a reply to the email I sent last night.

The only options now are to:

• Name Kent grammar school(s) on your secondary application form, this will give you the right of appeal in March 2020 and the school will arrange for your child to be tested before the hearing.
• Or, apply directly to Kent grammar schools after 22 April 2020 and the school will arrange testing at this stage.

:(
salsa

Post by salsa »

MrsForgetful wrote:Thank you all for replying. Got a reply to the email I sent last night.

The only options now are to:

• Name Kent grammar school(s) on your secondary application form, this will give you the right of appeal in March 2020 and the school will arrange for your child to be tested before the hearing.
• Or, apply directly to Kent grammar schools after 22 April 2020 and the school will arrange testing at this stage.

:(
As I feared. This effectively is saying: no.
Schools are full then and appealing is very difficult. So, not impossible, but very difficult.

At least you have the Bexley test?

Salsa
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now