Unsuccessful Review can we appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Unsuccessful Review can we appeal

Post by Etienne »

...... there is no way of including it and drawing their attention to the 'highlights' so to speak without them questioning the not so strong parts
That indeed is the problem.
And the fact that the not so strong parts include the overall score.
We also have the letters re bullying and how it's affected performance
Good.
Be prepared for the possibility that the panel might discuss whether it affected one subject rather than another, and if so, why.
Etienne
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Hi Etienne,

Wondering if you may be able to advise. We have received our outcome letter with very little detail stating that the panel were satisfied that the review was fco based on the evidence they had at the time. No reasons have been given is that normal are they not required to give any explanations?
Thanks.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

By not providing clear reasons, it looks as if your decision letter does not meet the requirements of the Code .
    • 2.25 The panel must ensure that the decision is easily comprehensible so that the parties can understand the basis on which the decision was made. The decision letter must contain a summary of relevant factors that were raised by the parties and considered by the panel. It must also give clear reasons for the panel’s decision, including how, and why, any issues of fact or law were decided by the panel during the hearing.
What really matters, though, is what is in the clerk's notes.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/ombudsman#d4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It would be worth asking for a copy. The Appeals Team at Bucks are very good at responding to such requests.
Etienne
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Thanks for the advice Etienne, i have made the request and have been informed they will send them out to me in the post. Very efficient indeed.
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Hi Etienne,

I have now received the clerks notes and trying to make sense of them is a little trickier than I anticipated.

Essentially the points we made at the hearing are in the clerks notes to some extent, however on the form 'Decision by the IAP' all three panel members 'reasons for IAP decision' state more or less the same thing and that is that they were 'satisfied that the srp was fco based on the evidence provided seen or heard'.

Still bemused how any SRP can be FCO whereby other appellants were offered to have their SRP re submitted.

Are you able to advise any further?

Many thanks
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hi Genie05

If you'd like to send a copy to the Appeals Box, I'll take a look.
Still bemused how any SRP can be FCO whereby other appellants were offered to have their SRP re submitted.
Not sure I follow this. Sorry if I've forgotten something.
Etienne
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Thank you Etienne that is very kind of you.
I have unsuccessfully tried sending the clerk notes as resized jpgs but they just keep failing.
Will try again in the morning in pdf format.
Many thanks.
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Hi Etienne - i have sent a copy to the Appeals box. Thanks.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks. I'll try to look at this tomorrow.
Etienne
Genie05

Post by Genie05 »

Thank you.