CSSE September/ October 2019 exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SuperDad3g

CSSE September/ October 2019 exam

Post by SuperDad3g »

I understand from the CSSE website that this year’s CSSE exam will be held on two separate dates: 21st September and 1st October. Each child will write the exam on either one of these dates, depending on when they were registered for the exam, the school they choose to write the exam etc. My question is does this mean that there will two different sets of exam papers for both maths and English, or will the exam papers be exactly the same on both dates? How will CSSE ensure fairness and that neither groups of children are disadvantaged? Anyone had experience of this in the past? Apologies for asking what may be an obvious question. However, we are new to the 11+ process, and our first born child will be writing the exam this September. Thank you All for your sharing your thoughts.
MmeOgg

Re: CSSE September/ October 2019 exam

Post by MmeOgg »

CSSE always has a back up date for children who are unable to sit on the main date (perhaps due to sickness).
KJONOV69

Re: CSSE September/ October 2019 exam

Post by KJONOV69 »

I saw this on a post for the same situation last year. It looks like there is a paper sat on the first sitting and a back up paper for the later Tuesday sitting.

For example, the CSSE (Essex and Southend) writes its own papers and historically has used different ones for the main and reserve sittings.

This might have changed this year so don’t take it as accurate. Just my best guess,