Converting SAT scores to levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mother_Of_Gumbertron

Converting SAT scores to levels

Post by Mother_Of_Gumbertron »

Hi, We've just received SAT results. I was hoping to see what level my daughter was working at but we only have scaled scores. Does anyone know at what point scaled scores convert to level 5 and level 6 ? Scaled scores are out of 120, i seem to remember reading 110 was level 5 and 116+ was level 6 but i can no longer find this and may be really wrong :shock:
Nothings ever promised tomorrow, today.
yoyo123

Re: Converting SAT scores to levels

Post by yoyo123 »

Levels haven’t been used for ages (around 5 years? ) and, as the curriculum has been overhauled since then,
they would not be relevant.
Mother_Of_Gumbertron

Post by Mother_Of_Gumbertron »

yoyo123 wrote:Levels haven’t been used for ages (around 5 years? ) and, as the curriculum has been overhauled since then,
they would not be relevant.
It sure is relevant when older daughters are trying to compare to their baby sister. Also its the only system I'm familiar with so am curious.
Nothings ever promised tomorrow, today.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Maybe just tell the sisters that they aren't comparable? It would be the truth!
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Maybe just tell the sisters that they aren't comparable? It would be the truth!
Yes, I suppose all one can really say is that they were found to be where they were according to the assessments of their day and she is where she is according to the current schedule. Or one could do it the sort of scientific way - look on the internet for the papers that the elder DDs took (plus the marking schemes and gradings for those years) - and give the youngest (not :lol:) a holiday treat...?

(I will now remove my tongue form my cheek :)) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

Unsure how accurate or how old this file is. But it does convert the KS2 scaled scores into the old Levels.

http://www.stwcc.co.uk/_site/data/files ... A06F1.pptx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;