CCHS Target marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SuperDad3g

CCHS Target marks

Post by SuperDad3g »

If aiming for Chelmsford County Girls (CCHS), may I ask those who are experienced, what sort of marks to aim for when child is doing practice exams and mocks? These target marks should I’m guessing give parents an indication whether or not their child has a realistic chance of getting into CCHS. My question is, are the target marks 70% for each practice paper or mock... or 80% etc, or does a child need to be consistently getting at least 90%? I didn’t know. Without these target marks, it feels pretty much like flying blind! Any advice from experienced parents and those whose children will be writing the CCHS exam this year would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Proudmumregardless

Re: CCHS Target marks

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Have a look at the collated scores threads to see what scores have got in and out of catchment girls into the school. That should tell you what marks to aim for.
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

Thanks Proudmumregardless. Yes, I’ve looked at these scores, but their standardised scores, and I’m not clear how they translate to actual percentages?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

SuperDad3g wrote:Thanks Proudmumregardless. Yes, I’ve looked at these scores, but their standardised scores, and I’m not clear how they translate to actual percentages?
CEM don’t release raw scores so nobody knows what percentage you need.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

SuperDad3g wrote:Thanks Proudmumregardless. Yes, I’ve looked at these scores, but their standardised scores, and I’m not clear how they translate to actual percentages?
May I suggest you relax, take the pressure off, aim for high scores and hope for the best.
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

I too am interested in mock percentages that other girls have scored. I’m relaxed but it’s always nice to know if you have a slim chance, or not to raise hopes on passing. It’s just an indication but I’m sure someone reading this might be willing to share their results??