Review and appeal results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lea2124

Review and appeal results

Post by lea2124 »

Started to hear of lots more children at our primary school who are going to a grammar school and know they must have gone to appeal.
When do we find out those outcomes? The HT already had a great success with reviews (11 out of 15 were successful) but I now know of 3 more who have been successful at appeal. I'm unsure if they went to review first or went straight to appeal.
Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Review and appeal results

Post by ToadMum »

lea2124 wrote:Started to hear of lots more children at our primary school who are going to a grammar school and know they must have gone to appeal.
When do we find out those outcomes? The HT already had a great success with reviews (11 out of 15 were successful) but I now know of 3 more who have been successful at appeal. I'm unsure if they went to review first or went straight to appeal.
Thanks
Does this help?
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... 9-appeals/

Do the primary schools actually publish data re their reviews / appeals?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Yes saw that one too but I thought more was published. Maybe I'm thinking of the 11+ results that show the schools and how many boys and girls passed. Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

lea2124 wrote:Yes saw that one too but I thought more was published. Maybe I'm thinking of the 11+ results that show the schools and how many boys and girls passed. Thanks
In our area (admittedly not fully selective), the secondary school data on number of appeals / number successful is published by the local authority, but afaik, info re appeals submitted (for any type of secondary school) and their outcome is not published by or about the primary schools.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx