Dartford Girls Grammar School - 2019 starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dazzlingdiamonds

Dartford Girls Grammar School - 2019 starters

Post by dazzlingdiamonds »

Hi, my DD has just been offered a place from the waiting list for OOC. We missed the induction and my DD doesn't know any other girl who is starting or already in DGGS.

Are there any girls commuting from Crystal palace/Beckenham area? The coach comes to Beckenham junction.

Any advice about school experience, workload and commuting is very appreciable.
Bridge123

Re: Dartford Girls Grammar School - 2019 starters

Post by Bridge123 »

Hi. My DD has been offered a place from the waiting list on12/07. We haven’t been to the induction either. So would be nice if we can make some friends. :)
dazzlingdiamonds

Hi Bridge123,
We have been also offered the place on 12/07 and missed the induction.
Where are you based? PM me.
We also don’t know what house she is going to be in and what colour PE tops to be bought.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

We attended the induction day. We were given a pack that gave details of uniform etc. DD was told her form and house during the induction day. She also received lots of homework.

Have you all received the induction pack?

I am happy to answer any specific questions. We are based in Bexley.
dazzlingdiamonds

Dear ronkevso,

How was your and your DD's experience of the induction day? we haven't received any information pack or homework. We also don't know her house or form.
Do we have to buy a specific coloured PE uniform or thew whole uniform is standard that is available from the retailers?

Please share your experience.
Bexleymum2608

Post by Bexleymum2608 »

dazzlingdiamonds wrote:Hi, my DD has just been offered a place from the waiting list for OOC. We missed the induction and my DD doesn't know any other girl who is starting or already in DGGS.

Are there any girls commuting from Crystal palace/Beckenham area? The coach comes to Beckenham junction.

Any advice about school experience, workload and commuting is very appreciable.
Congratulations to your daughter for getting space in DArtford Grammar. If you don’t mind, can you please share your DDs score. My daughter gave the exam this year and really liked the school. She got 387 in Kent test but I am worried that the score might not be enough.. Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Even if the score was shared, past scores from a different cohort, from the waiting list, give you no more realistic information than you have currently. The point about offers from the wait list is that they rely on others turning a place down. If this is your favourite school, list it first on your CAF, with other schools in your true preference order and make sure you have one definite school on there (like your local catchment school) and then just try and forget about it till March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now