CCHS Mock

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum2twogirls

CCHS Mock

Post by mum2twogirls »

Can anyone help with some guidance of scores (percentages) your daughters achieved in CEM style mock tests, especially if they gained a place this year?

I know they do not provide a score breakdown for the actual standardised score but an indication of MOCK percentages would really be helpful if you can.

I appreciate this has been asked before but it seems to be misunderstood and the replies are about the final exam.

I’m actually quite relaxed about it all, just interested really!
My eldest goes to a CSSE school which would be our first preference for second daughter.

Thanks in advance for sharing your DD’s experiences.
pinkrabbit38

Re: CCHS Mock

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

mum2twogirls wrote:Can anyone help with some guidance of scores (percentages) your daughters achieved in CEM style mock tests, especially if they gained a place this year?

I know they do not provide a score breakdown for the actual standardised score but an indication of MOCK percentages would really be helpful if you can.

I appreciate this has been asked before but it seems to be misunderstood and the replies are about the final exam.

I’m actually quite relaxed about it all, just interested really!
My eldest goes to a CSSE school which would be our first preference for second daughter.

Thanks in advance for sharing your DD’s experiences.
If it’s any help, our daughter was getting over 70% on the 3 mock CEM tests she did and didn’t get a place at CCHS with a score of 102.6, she did however get into Colchester.
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

Thank you.

Anyone else willing to share?
swimmer

Post by swimmer »

It’s difficult to assess as there are no official practice papers for CEM, it may well depend on how accurately reflective the mock papers they take really are.

My daughter scored around 85% in the mock exams she took and got a place at CCHS with 111 (.something). I have no doubt though that the mock exams she took were a lot easier than the real thing as she came out of the exam saying just that.

The mock exams she took were intended to build confidence and she finished them all easily within the time, however she did not have time to finish the real thing. Based on previous cohorts who took the same mocks and the scores they achieved vs their actual scores she was predicted to get around 118+ but was rather unwell on the day of the exam.

I hope that helps.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

Hi,

My daughter scored 66% in her first mock and 82% in her second mock and got a place at CCHS with 105.55.

She said the mocks were easier than the real exam and that she didn’t have time to finish the exam but she was also unwell on the day.

I hope that helps and wish your daughter the best of luck for September.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now