En Catchment Area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fqazi

En Catchment Area

Post by fqazi »

Can any one share the post codes which are eligible to take admission in Grammar schools.I have to move out from M32 due to un avoidable circumstances. Is M23 comes under en-catchment area of Sale/Altrincham or Stretford/Urmston Grammar Schools?
scary mum

Re: En Catchment Area

Post by scary mum »

I'll move your post to the Traffrod section, where you may get more replies. Have you looked on the local authority or school websites? It will tell you the catchment area/postcodes on there.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

All the Trafford schools are listed here:

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... fford.aspx

This is the entry for AGSB (sorry, you didn't say DS or DD and I don't know which of the ones which aren't the Altrincham 'B' or 'G' are boys / girls / both).

https://www.agsb.co.uk/admissions/catchment-area/

Catchment Area

The priority catchment area is defined as follows:

Postal addresses of WA13/WA14/WA15/M33 and M23 which lie within the Trafford Local Authority.

The school is committed to ensuring all places are allocated on the basis of the child's permanent home address.  The Admissions Department are not available to answer specific or individual enquiries relating to this matter.  For further information please refer to our Admissions Policy.

If you have any information about fraudulent or misleading applications, please contact the School's Admissions Officer on 0161 928 0858 so that the application can be investigated.  All calls taken in complete confidence.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

It does not include all areas of WA13....Lymm is not included but Warburton and Dunham are included since they fall into the borough of Trafford.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Catseye wrote:It does not include all areas of WA13....Lymm is not included but Warburton and Dunham are included since they fall into the borough of Trafford.
Does the catchment area follow exactly the boundary of an administrative area?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

It due to boundary changes.....exactly when, I know not.

Lymm is in Warrington not Trafford, although a lot of kids from Lymm attend the Trafford Grammar Schools despite having an excellent local Comprehensive High School.
Pollymum

Post by Pollymum »

fqazi wrote:Can any one share the post codes which are eligible to take admission in Grammar schools.I have to move out from M32 due to un avoidable circumstances. Is M23 comes under en-catchment area of Sale/Altrincham or Stretford/Urmston Grammar Schools?
It depends on which school you are interested in. If you moved to M23 your child would still be able to take the test for all the Trafford consortium schools but the chance of them getting a place would be dependant on if they got a super high score to get one of the "Top 20" places and thereafter it is based on your distance to school taking into account priority postcodes and other criteria.

In a few weeks Trafford Council will publish the booklet which will list the nearest distance the last place was allocated for last years admissions - I would recommend you read this carefullly and it should give you a better idea.