Newsteadwood Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

James Bond

Newsteadwood Exam

Post by James Bond »

Hi,
How many Questions are there in the Nonverbal Exam overall.?
Whats the average time per Question?
GL Papers suggest 50 minutes for 60 Questions. Is that high or low for practice?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newsteadwood Exam

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD doesn't remember as it was a number of years ago now.

I wouldn't get too focused on how many questions, just that your DD has a good speed and accuracy. Flexibility is helpful in case the exam changes. The score is out of 140 for each of the NVR and VR, creating a total of 280. Whether that is one or two marks per question I haven't a clue. Not knowing when DD sat the exam didn't seem to hinder her.

The Newstead exam was the one that DD found was least pressured on time out of the three tests that she sat (Bexley and Kent being the other tests).
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The 140/280 will be the standardised score, rather than the raw score, so it's not a straight "out of". (Just adding this as a reminder that it's not possible to work out a percentage)
scary mum
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

Can someone please confirm that’s there isn’t comprehension in the Newstead Wood exam? I know that there is verbal and non-verbal and that there isn’t maths, but does comprehension come up as part of verbal ? I know some exam boards combine pure verbal and comprehension together as ‘English’.
Advice2018

Post by Advice2018 »

There was no comprehension last year only one paper of verbal reasoning and one of non verbal reasoning. Good luck