No School on offer; all full up -Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Teetee3

No School on offer; all full up -Grantham

Post by Teetee3 »

I moved into Grantham at the close of schools in July but have been chasing this since 9th of May. I have not received a school place for my 3 girls; 2 Secondary and one Primary. Going to an appeal for the Secorday places on the 9/9/19 :( . Pls any help/advice
hermanmunster

Re: No School on offer; all full up -Grantham

Post by hermanmunster »

have they offered you any schools?
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

hermanmunster wrote:have they offered you any schools?
No the appeal documents state they working hard to find school places
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you read the info on here about oversubscription appeals? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are also some useful bits in section A (general points)
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

hermanmunster wrote:Have you read the info on here about oversubscription appeals? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are also some useful bits in section A (general points)
Thk u for ur contribution, I am at lost cos all the Secondary & primary schools in Grantham r oversubscribed. I am not sure y I am going to appeal, will it push them in?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Assumably you are going to appeal because the County Council is obliged to make you an offer of a place - any place - at one of its' schools. This does not mean a school of your choice, however, or one that is easy to get to. By appealing you get the chance to say that you have not been offered a place at all and why that particular school would be the best for your child. In reality you will be appealing to as many schools as possible and hope that the appeals panel direct that the school HAS to take your child in.

If, in the meantime, you are offered a place, the best advice is to accept it - even if you are not happy with it - and appeal to other schools. I do wish you luck. It is an awful time to move house and a difficult situation to be in, which is neither yours nor the Council's fault.
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Assumably you are going to appeal because the County Council is obliged to make you an offer of a place - any place - at one of its' schools. This does not mean a school of your choice, however, or one that is easy to get to. By appealing you get the chance to say that you have not been offered a place at all and why that particular school would be the best for your child. In reality you will be appealing to as many schools as possible and hope that the appeals panel direct that the school HAS to take your child in.

If, in the meantime, you are offered a place, the best advice is to accept it - even if you are not happy with it - and appeal to other schools. I do wish you luck. It is an awful time to move house and a difficult situation to be in, which is neither yours nor the Council's fault.
I don't suppose I am allowed to think why there is shortage of school places, doctors surgery etc. It is no ones fault. I am to think that's how it's meant to be. I have a grammar sch child who enjoys to work hard. Thks for ur suggestion & for taking the time thks I am open to more suggestions pls
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Moving at this stage is very difficult - lots of people have problems getting places in popular schools, less popular schools are likely to have places.
Important to include in the appeal as to why that is the right school for your child in each case
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

hermanmunster wrote:Moving at this stage is very difficult - lots of people have problems getting places in popular schools, less popular schools are likely to have places.
Important to include in the appeal as to why that is the right school for your child in each case
In my appeal document 5 secondary schools are listed. Am I wrong I assuming there are 5 secondary schools in Grantham. My primary school child equally does not have a place too. Visits to the schools in d area was dark clouds, though they are surprised that the council is still working hard to find a school place for my children
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks like there are 3 non selective schools for girls within Grantham and up to 3 miles around. I know that the Priory Ruskin is very popular https://www.compare-school-performance. ... sSecondary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;