Queen Mary's Grammar to West Bromwich

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jas S B

Queen Mary's Grammar to West Bromwich

Post by Jas S B »

Hi, I have my son starting QMGS next week. Does anyone have a son travelling from QM to West Brom (bus station or Carter's Green) using public transport, and if so how how easy is the trip for an 11 year old. TIA Jas
ToadMum

Re: Queen Mary's Grammar to West Bromwich

Post by ToadMum »

Jas S B wrote:Hi, I have my son starting QMGS next week. Does anyone have a son travelling from QM to West Brom (bus station or Carter's Green) using public transport, and if so how how easy is the trip for an 11 year old. TIA Jas
Congratulations to your DS for getting the place (StepFIL went to QM and hasn't a good word to say about the place, so I assume that it is an excellent school :lol:). But surely you have had him do a trial run or two during the holidays? Or has he only just had an offer from the waiting list?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Jas S B

Post by Jas S B »

Thanks. The original plan was for me to collect him however there's been a late change impacting my ability to do this.
sxa350

Post by sxa350 »

Try https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That will give you the best option.
Jas S B

Post by Jas S B »

Thanks sxa350, I've checked various route planners, just trying to see if certain routes are easier or safer than others.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus_servi ... 851/19-20/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may assist.The green bus school service 851.You will have to check if the price suits and there is availability.It leaves West Brom around 7.34 and arrives back just before 5 pm.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln