DAO VR paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

benjohn76

DAO VR paper

Post by benjohn76 »

Quick q - what sort of mark out of 80 do you expect will be needed to make the cut for the 325 for the maths and english papers? Appreciate can't know for sure especially with the new format but just looking to get a feel for dd's chances. Many thanks.
Balfron

Re: DAO VR paper

Post by Balfron »

You might get more informed responses in the other region which covers North London too...
There weren’t a lot of sad faces - I expect the score will be high. I can’t quite get my head around the standardisation scale eg an October born with 100% vs July born 100%.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I would not expect any child edited by moderator with a score lower than 70 to be in the top 325.

But as it is the first year of the GL VR paper this is just an opinion based on the amount of preparation those who are really keen to go to the school would have done. DG
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Balfron wrote:You might get more informed responses in the other region which covers North London too...
There weren’t a lot of sad faces - I expect the score will be high. I can’t quite get my head around the standardisation scale eg an October born with 100% vs July born 100%.
Happy to be corrected but I don't think there's a scale as such.
My understanding is that the marks are compared across children with the same birth month on a curve. So theoretically children born in December could require higher raw marks than those born in September depending on the cohort.
It's comparing your child with others from their birth month and therefore fairer than comparing them with those potentially born 11 months earlier (or later).
So it's not worth stressing about. The idea is to level the playing field not create problems for any particular age child
saffronLondon

Post by saffronLondon »

Hi guys,
Does anyone know when the results are emailed to us? Tension is killing me!!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You have to let it go as it is going to be at least three weeks until you hear anything.

The back up date is not until 9th September which is next week and so no marking will start until after that.

DAO have given 24th September as the date results will be sent by. DG
saffronLondon

Post by saffronLondon »

DAO, thank you for the prompt reply.
I never show stress in front of DS but on this forum, I can be shamelessly honest!
benjohn76

Post by benjohn76 »

Thanks for the responses. That was also roughly my thinking but we'll just have to wait and see I guess. Surely they could let us know sooner!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They are in the hands of GL.

GL set the paper, provide the paper, mark the paper and provide the results.

The backup date is not until the 9th September so they will not have started marking the papers until all applicants have sat the paper. DG