New NVR CD

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mike

New NVR CD

Post by Mike »

Hi

Have just noticed on the front page of the site that elevenplusexams.co.uk have launched a new NVR CD with a free demo.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Just downloaded it, just what I want for this afternoon!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

1. Is this suitable for the Kent Test?
2. Is there a guide for me as my daughter can do these but I struggle! :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I've had a look and reckon it is OK for Kent Test.

Practice and more practice is the thing for NVR, you start to spot the patterns.

I bought the Bond "How to do NVR" it isn't all relevant eg there are shape nets and thse don;t arise in Kent test (fingers crossed) but there is some good advice.

One of the tips is to remember

SPANSS or spotty pyjamas and nice soft slippers.

an acronym for shape, position, angle, number size and shading a checklist to go through when spotting the relationships.

I found it very useful. They sell it in bookshops so you could go and have a look to see if it may be of use to you.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Thanks yoyo123, we have the book from dd1 and know all about spanss. We live in Bexley so no need now for nvr - much to my daughter's disgust as it's her strongest point - but we do need to consider Kent schools too. Just wondered if the CD would provide some additional practice that was relevant to Kent, obviously with the exception of cubes and nets.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Still on the subject of this nvr cd - I downloaded the demo for my daughter yesterday. She has not really looked into nvr since this time last year, but scored 76% and it took her less than 10 minutes. She's in yr4 and not 9 yet! There were clear distinctions between the questions she knew and those she didn't. If she got a question wrong then she would get the whole section wrong. Ok, at least we know what to work on so that's good. What I really need to know is the level of difficulty of the demo to that of the cd. Does it get harded to match that of nfer?

On another point, my daughter was hitting the keys quite fast. At first I told her to slow down and explain to me what she was doing and why. She answered that the answer was what is was because it's right. I had to back off at that point. I think my daughter has a gift for this and I was slowing her down. I need to know how to help her, maybe this cd will work if it is close to nfer.