Test of distance based for watford grammar school for boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Watford boys

Test of distance based for watford grammar school for boys

Post by Watford boys »

Dear,
My son is sitting in academic test for watford grammar school for boys, we are very living very close to that school,i believe as per old 5 years data of distance based admission we are sure we can even get him in on distance base.

My question is this that if my son sit in exam he dont score too high can school still considered us on distance based too or to apply for distance based we dont need to sit in exam?
as i know someone whose son not sitting in test they are just relying on distance based.

i dont want if i sit in test than school dont consider me on distance based.

Please advise,Thanks alot
Daogroupie

Re: Test of distance based for watford grammar school for bo

Post by Daogroupie »

Your son will sit the test before you apply.

So you will apply with the results of the test.

You can apply for distance and academic.

You do not have to choose. DG
Watford boys

Post by Watford boys »

Ok but why some dont sit in test and they just apply for distance based,as watford grammar for boys and girls did offer 20 seats on distance base only,what are the benefit of sitting in test?
Did they prefer test kids more?And you mean to say if a kid sit in test he be considered for all category and if someone dont sit in test and applied for distance based only be considered for one category only?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If a student did not sit the test and applied on distance only then clearly the student can only be considered for a distance place and not an academic place.

The benefit of sitting the test is that if there are 20 distance applicants that are closer to the school than you then you will not secure a distance place but you will have the chance to apply for an academic place. DG