11 plus finished!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caveman47

11 plus finished!

Post by Caveman47 »

I am so relieved that the 11plus is done. My son is also relieved. Lol

Normality in the household is restored.

However, now begins the waiting game...tick toc. October 2019.

I just want to wish everyone the best.
kenyancowgirl

Re: 11 plus finished!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Just a gentle reminder to everyone NOT to discuss any details at all of the test, as it will he used right up to August next year.

Be particularly wary of anyone contacting you by private message who says their child has sat the test - this is a tactic used by some tutors/parents whose child is yet to sit the test.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Just a gentle reminder to everyone NOT to discuss any details at all of the test, as it will he used right up to August next year.

Be particularly wary of anyone contacting you by private message who says their child has sat the test - this is a tactic used by some tutors/parents whose child is yet to sit the test.
Oh gosh...I didn't know.

Thanks for the warning.
Mids

Post by Mids »

We will join you in the celebration that the exam is over! And, relax.. :D
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

I remember the feeling of relief well. Although the waiting feels like forever it was so lovely not to have to do anything 11 plus related - enjoy!
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

bewilderedofbearwood wrote:I remember the feeling of relief well. Although the waiting feels like forever it was so lovely not to have to do anything 11 plus related - enjoy!
It truly is a wonderful feeling for all concern. Lol
apillow

Post by apillow »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Just a gentle reminder to everyone NOT to discuss any details at all of the test, as it will he used right up to August next year.

How come the test is used till next year. My understanding was kidswho are sick on the day or absent for the test for whatever reason would get a retest. But would that be as late as next year? Sorry I dont understand the process.

Thanks
KenR

Post by KenR »

apillow wrote:

How come the test is used till next year. My understanding was kidswho are sick on the day or absent for the test for whatever reason would get a retest. But would that be as late as next year? Sorry I dont understand the process.

Thanks
The KE Foundation have advised that the test can be used up until Christmas of the year following the exam, viz. 15 months. This is used to test the children of parents moving into to region for grammar school places.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

apillow wrote:How come the test is used till next year. My understanding was kidswho are sick on the day or absent for the test for whatever reason would get a retest. But would that be as late as next year? Sorry I dont understand the process.

Thanks
Children who are unwell on teh day do not get a retest, they are tested for the first time in a late session for those who are unwell. Anyone who moves into the area after the official testing period can ask to be tested - these are also known as late applicants - they would not be considered in the first round of allocations (if they sat the test late but before 1st March) but would be added to the waiting list at the correct position depending on their score. The same test is used for everyone - as Ken says certainly up until August (in Warwickshire) and possibly Christmas 2020 in Birmingham.
apillow

Post by apillow »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
apillow wrote:How come the test is used till next year. My understanding was kidswho are sick on the day or absent for the test for whatever reason would get a retest. But would that be as late as next year? Sorry I dont understand the process.

Thanks
Children who are unwell on teh day do not get a retest, they are tested for the first time in a late session for those who are unwell. Anyone who moves into the area after the official testing period can ask to be tested - these are also known as late applicants - they would not be considered in the first round of allocations (if they sat the test late but before 1st March) but would be added to the waiting list at the correct position depending on their score. The same test is used for everyone - as Ken says certainly up until August (in Warwickshire) and possibly Christmas 2020 in Birmingham.

Thanks for the clarification. It is waiting game now. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now