A week before the exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

flower_123

A week before the exam

Post by flower_123 »

Hi,
I am not sure what would be best for my DS in the last week? Should I be easing up to the prep now?
It is this Saturday and I am feeling more nervous then him :( :(
Brackenboo

Re: A week before the exam

Post by Brackenboo »

We've gone low key since back to school last week, frankly she has had enough. She is also being tested on 200 spellings this week at school plus maths so that's probably enough :lol: This week we're just going to look at a few bits together to check she is doing things in the quickest way and maybe some antonyms/ synonyms. But mostly just going through what will happen on the day, what to prepare for etc. I really didn't realise what a gruelling process it is until we started this time last year :shock:
chumba

Post by chumba »

We've focused on speed over the last few weeks, which has improved, so planning on doing 10 minute tests, but not timing them. She's enjoying doing them, but will only do one per night and I will try to do some reading with her. They've been doing times tables at school and some maths tests, so I think that's helped her.

Good food and a good nights sleep if we can.

She's currently looking forward to Saturday, we'll see how she feels on the day!
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

My daughter is going to her tutors last test paper session on Thursday, not because she needs to but she really wants to go to see her tutor and fellow tutees one last time. She's enjoyed it so much and would rather go there than school!
chumba

Post by chumba »

ooh yes, forgot there is one more tutor session! I don't think she's realised they'll be stopping.....
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Have to admit, I'm slightly jealous that some children in other areas take the test at their own schools on a weekday and they've already done it :)
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

I wish it had been a week or 2 earlier
She's already looking tired with being back to school and all after school clubs having restarted as well.
Dreaded bugs going round school already, youngest has a cough and sore throat!

Oh well, this time next week it will all be over, then I'll just have to wait for the results to be anxious over!
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

Starting to feel anxious now!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Definitely feeling anxious here, really just want it over and done with. Although not looking forward to the wait either...
flower_123

Post by flower_123 »

Thank you everyone for replying. It is wait and watch now....
My DS is not willing to sit much at all. It is a long journey and I guess he has just had enough.
Can't blame him, I feel the same.
We are doing some words and few warm up tests every day to keep him in the loop.

All the best to all our children. They have worked hard and as per their ability.
We will be celebrating the effort after the test is done!

Hope all goes well on Saturday...fingers crossed!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now