Good luck for Saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Good luck for Saturday

Post by Tinkers »

To all those sitting the Kendrick, Reading and Slough tests.

*dons mod hat*

A gentle reminder not to share any details of the test, including content, timings, no of questions etc. There will be late sitters, both in Berkshire and other areas using the same test. You could be putting your own child at a disadvantage. Be aware of unscrupulous parents and tutors asking for info by PM or even in real life.
11plussed.out

Re: Good luck for Saturday

Post by 11plussed.out »

Thanks, we are gonna need it. Just hope ds can finish paper within time limit and then he will be in with a chance. Good luck everyone and hope you get the results you want. It will be over soon :)
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

11plussed.out wrote:Thanks, we are gonna need it. Just hope ds can finish paper within time limit and then he will be in with a chance. Good luck everyone and hope you get the results you want. It will be over soon :)
Don't get disheartened if your DC doesn't finish the paper, It is a time pressurised test and many many DC won't finish it!
Neither of my DC finished the paper and both got respectable scores and are safely tucked up in a Slough GS!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL DC SITTING THE TEST TOMORROW!
sas03

Post by sas03 »

Thank you! My DG seems to be pretty cool while I'm feeling nervous for her :oops: ! Wish all the very best to all the children and parents (as well! :lol: )

When will the results be out? End of October or before?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Mid October, but in previous years an exact date hasn’t been given.
sas03

Post by sas03 »

Tinkers wrote:Mid October, but in previous years an exact date hasn’t been given.

Thank you Tinkers :)
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Tinkers wrote:Mid October, but in previous years an exact date hasn’t been given.

As Tinkers has said, mid October, usually between the 12th and 17th (2014, exam 13th Sept, result 17th Oct. 2017, exam 16th Sept, results 12th Oct)
Both times we received an email the morning of the day the results came out.

I don't see why they can't set a date in advance, it would stop thousands of parents calling on a daily basis! (Me being one of them)
11plussed.out

Post by 11plussed.out »

Thanks, that's good to know about not finishing paper and still getting the required score. DS seems OK but I'm feeling nervous, just want him to give it his best shot tomorrow and hopefully he won't mix up his antonyms and synonyms like he did a few days ago on practice paper :shock: Suddenly the big day has come around. Will be good to have it over and done with :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now