Mock test provider and tuition centre

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gg234

Mock test provider and tuition centre

Post by gg234 »

A well known Mock test provider and tuition centre from bucks requesting feedback information from the yesterday's test.I am really surprised to see this email.There are late sitting people who are still waiting for their turn to do the exam and someone openly requesting about the exam format and no.of questions.

Is this common practice ?
scary mum

Re: Mock test provider and tuition centre

Post by scary mum »

Do not give these people any information, they are looking for an advantage for late sitters.
scary mum
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

gg234 wrote:A well known Mock test provider and tuition centre from bucks requesting feedback information from the yesterday's test.I am really surprised to see this email.There are late sitting people who are still waiting for their turn to do the exam and someone openly requesting about the exam format and no.of questions.

Is this common practice ?
That is quite shocking! As scary mum pointed out, they are looking to help the late sitters, which could improve the tuition centre's pass rates and get themselves more business!

Disgusting practice, is their anyone they can be reported to?
matp123

Post by matp123 »

I don't think they are asking these questions to help late sitters. It is definitely for the course organiser's benefit and also for future students. It is unlikely that course organisers will know about the details of late sitters.
My DD did SW Herts and Bucks. Course centre did ask for some basic feed backs like the level of difficulty same as expected etc. very general questions. Also they asked about any topic which was not covered in the course. I bet none of our children will remember the exact questions.
greengekho

Post by greengekho »

To be fair - it would be kinda natural to ask what was in the test if you are a tutor/parent of a child sitting next year. Any clues to question style/content would be seen as useful. It doesn't necessarily mean when people ask that they intend to use the information for the purpose of giving late sitters an advantage. Fine to decline to provide with any info, but perhaps unfair to assume they are being unscrupulous.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Unfortunately, after moe years than I care to remember as a member of this forum, I can confirm that I have been contacted by unscrupulous people asking me for details of tests and/or pretending their child has sat (it can be relatively simple to look back on posts to see if they have!)

Any tutor or tutor centre asking for details are using the answers to inform. Whether they are informing children for next year or this year is the question. But with tests being used for ill students over the next few weeks and, in some areas, right up until Christmas 2020, why would you bother risking it? Giving one child the answer to one VR question could mean they pass and your child fail.

Saying that children don’t remember questions is a false economy - they do. Tutors/centres contact straight after the test to get as much info as they can whilst it is fresh.

Call me cynical but I prefer to think I’m a realist!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now