CEM MIssed Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RedDevil66

CEM MIssed Test

Post by RedDevil66 »

I've hears that if a child has missed the CEM today at CCHS they will sit the very same paper at a later date.

I would have thought CEM would have a back up paper. Could anyone shed any light on this?
ToadMum

Re: CEM MIssed Test

Post by ToadMum »

RedDevil66 wrote:I've hears that if a child has missed the CEM today at CCHS they will sit the very same paper at a later date.

I would have thought CEM would have a back up paper. Could anyone shed any light on this?
Unless it's changed from last year, the reserve date CEM papers are the same (whereas the CSSE ones are different).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Which is why it is so important that children/parents who have sat the test, do not discuss the content with anyone.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

CEM uses the same paper at each sitting in one school. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:CEM uses the same paper at each sitting in one school. DG
It's more than the one school- CCHS is in the same group as Woodford County High, Gloucestershire, Reading / Slough.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, I meant consortiums as well.

Although some like SW herts have moved to GL. DG
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

ToadMum wrote:
It's more than the one school- CCHS is in the same group as Woodford County High, Gloucestershire, Reading / Slough.
Sounds like it's open to abuse but hey ho I suppose they're experienced to know what they're doing......one hopes :wink:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RedDevil66 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
Sounds like it's open to abuse but hey ho I suppose they're experienced to know what they're doing......one hopes :wink:
Or it could be the CSSE test under discussion, then there would be endless moans about how little Aspidistra / Maximillian was disadvantaged by having had the passage from Dante's Inferno on the reserve date vs the one from Machiavelli's The Prince on the main date. Or vice versa :lol:.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now