AGSB exam 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
greengrass

AGSB exam 2019

Post by greengrass »

Hope the boys found today's test not too difficult? My DS said it was ok and thats it! Not much can be interpreted from this information unfortunately. Although he did say that he found it a little bit easier than some of the mocks that he did during summer.

He is appearing for CEM on Monday and feel a lot more relaxed now that one test is over. However CEM (especially comprehension and words etc) has never been his strong points, so fingers crossed for that.
Moderators

Re: AGSB exam 2019

Post by Moderators »

Please remember not to reveal any content that may help late sitters - either on here or by pm.
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Hope all goes well with the exams. DS1 is in his last year at AGSB and has been so happy at the school, he will be sad to leave next summer.
Good luck all.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My son had 7 lovely years at AGSB, and what is even nicer is that as he enters his final year at uni, he is still close friends with his old school mates, even though they are all round the country. They regularly visit each other at the various unis they attend and always catch up in the holidays. I think that’s really nice.

Hope the exam went well for everyone today and that the wait doesn’t feel too long.
gp2

Post by gp2 »

why the secrecy? are the late sitter using the same paper? It doesn't sound fair if so.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

gp2 wrote:why the secrecy? are the late sitter using the same paper? It doesn't sound fair if so.
have a look at our FAQ:

faq17. Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?

Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters [and special arrangements for children moving into the area after all the scheduled sittings].
As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.

No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
[It is for moderators to decide if and when it is safe to post, based on a knowledge of local circumstances where possible, or on reliable evidence provided by members.]
Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).

Copyright must be respected.

This FAQ forms part of the 'Rules & Guidance'.
Elijo

Post by Elijo »

Anybody know when the AGSB results are posted out?
abidh

Post by abidh »

Elijo wrote:Anybody know when the AGSB results are posted out?
We received the result today.
Shrimum

Post by Shrimum »

Hi,
I was going through admission policy again on AGSB website and little bit confused whether admission will be given by distance or Rank for within catchment category.

Can anyone help please? Also might sound silly but has it ever happened within catchment qualify applicants not been offered place?

Thanks in advance.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

7.4 Priority Category 4 Applicants whose permanent home address lies within the school’s priority admission area with a total standardised score of 334 and above. Priority admission area is defined in section 7.2. Places will be offered on the basis of ranking as determined by their aggregated GL assessment selection scores.

I think it means that places will be awarded on scores within catchment.

As to whether there have been insufficient places for catchment boys who have passed, I've never heard of this (have a DS there). Every year there are some OOC boys which must mean that all catchment boys have been offered places. Having said that, I think the number of OOC boys has reduced massively over the last year or two so you never know. I would be very surprised though if they were unable to offer all catchment boys a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now