Bucks Late Transfer Entry Year 9 - Sept 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SimSimma

Bucks Late Transfer Entry Year 9 - Sept 2020

Post by SimSimma »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would be grateful for some guidance!

I'm looking to enter my son for the Bucks Late Transfer Entry for Year 9 in Sept 2020 and will be supporting his study DIY from home.

Does anyone have any idea of the exam format and guidance as to which study guides will be the most helpful?
I've previously used the CGP books but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to the 13plus other than the Common Entrance Exams which I believe are more orientated towards the Independent Schools?!

I'm feeling quite overwhelmed but just want to give him the best chance possible.
I understand places are very limited but I would still like for him to try.

Many thanks in advance
greengekho

Re: Bucks Late Transfer Entry Year 9 - Sept 2020

Post by greengekho »

Hi - welcome to the group. I notice no one has replied yet. I'm not the right person to help as I have no experience of children beyond yr8 at the moment, but just wanted to reassure you given that no-one has replied. A lot of folk on here are preoccupied with the test that just finished last week (and the ramifications of the error in the test), so don't give up if you don't get a prompt answer...I'm sure once this years test is out of the way someone will get round to answering! There are lots of people on here that have been here many years and have a lot of experience - I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction. There might even be a thread somewhere dedicated to 12/13+ I suspect. All the best.
SimSimma

Post by SimSimma »

greengekho wrote:Hi - welcome to the group. I notice no one has replied yet. I'm not the right person to help as I have no experience of children beyond yr8 at the moment, but just wanted to reassure you given that no-one has replied. A lot of folk on here are preoccupied with the test that just finished last week (and the ramifications of the error in the test), so don't give up if you don't get a prompt answer...I'm sure once this years test is out of the way someone will get round to answering! There are lots of people on here that have been here many years and have a lot of experience - I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction. There might even be a thread somewhere dedicated to 12/13+ I suspect. All the best.
Hi Greengekho,
Thanks for taking the time to respond... I was beginning to wonder if I'd written in the right place! :?
I'm happy to wait until things calm down..but will continue to scour the internet for any other info it might have!

Cheers
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm sorry that no-one has answered you, not very much is known about the 12+ & 13+, but have you seen this page?
And this one?
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Which grammar school are you applying for?

see the following link for the Grammars which use County to test

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/apply-for-a- ... sfer-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See the following for links to all the Grammars,where you will find more information on each individual grammar school

https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/tbgs-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
SimSimma

Post by SimSimma »

scary mum wrote:I'm sorry that no-one has answered you, not very much is known about the 12+ & 13+, but have you seen this page?
And this one?
Hi Scary Mum,

Thanks for the links, they're really helpful!
I agree it has been difficult to find books etc about these tests but at least I have an idea of format now :)
SimSimma

Post by SimSimma »

patricia wrote:Which grammar school are you applying for?

see the following link for the Grammars which use County to test

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/apply-for-a- ... sfer-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See the following for links to all the Grammars,where you will find more information on each individual grammar school

https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/tbgs-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
Hi Patricia,

As part of the Bucks Consortium of schools I was looking at Burnham Grammar as it seems to be the only school that offers any places in the 12+/13+ round of tests.
However, we're on the border of the catchment area so I know my chances are not high!

Fingers crossed!