CEM exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Trafmum82

CEM exam today

Post by Trafmum82 »

Not sure if many people are in the Trafford forum but I thought I’d pop in and say hi! My DD sat the CEM for Sale today. She didn’t find it too bad, although did find the NVR tricky she said. I think we are just relieved it’s over now, the wait begins!!

If there is anyone out there, how did your children find it?
poppety

Re: CEM exam today

Post by poppety »

My child sat it last year. I know three children who sat it today and all said they found it OK. Best of luck. The waiting is the hardest part.
Mancuk1

Post by Mancuk1 »

Hi,

My daughter sat the exam today and seems to have struggled the NVR and test content removed by moderator. Please do not reveal any details about test content as there are likely to be late sitters. !!

She’s normally very good at these sections, so not entirely sure what’s happened.

Fingers crossed for the best!!
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

My DD is normally pretty good at NVR too and maths is her weakest but she actually found the maths ok but NVR really hard and didn’t finish it. In general she said it was ok and easier than one of the mocks she had sat... but then speaking to her it sounds like she did struggle for time a bit on some sections.
poppety

Post by poppety »

If it is any consolation my child found the NVR very hard last year and left quite a lot out but still went on to pass with a high mark. Fingers crossed for you all.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Poppety that’s really good to hear. I was a bit worried when she said about the NVR. I guess time will tell! My son sat the test 2 years ago. He missed by 2 marks! But W is really happy and settled and now in year 8 in Ashton and he loves it. He is in top set for every subject and doing amazingly, so I know if my daughter doesn’t pass she will be fine too. We have just been out for tea to celebrate no more entrance exams for us now! :D
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

My son sat the Trafford CEM today, maths and VR was ok for him while NVR was the toughest! He had to guess a fair amount in this section due to paucity of time and been strictly instructed to not leave any question unanswered!

Not sure at all what will be the outcome now! Bit worried actually, considering his NVR performance today! AGSB was much easier in comparison (according to him).
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Sounds like most people have the same feedback about the NVR! I’m a bit worried too but at least they aren’t alone!
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

My DC sat it - said it was better than expected, ran out of time on one of the NVR sections but otherwise fine.

Am worried that if everyone found it OK then the pass mark will need to be quite high for all of the consortium schools. Argh. So hard waiting for the results.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Mandy21 - it’s really hard to tell much of anything from what the kids say though. My son had a friend whose child came out really upset saying he had really struggled and missed loads out! He passed with a high score. A few children said they found it easy and then didn’t pass.

I don’t think my daughter found it easy, maybe easier than she had built it up in her head. Her words when she came out were ‘It wasn’t too bad’, but then talking to her there were definitely sections she had to guess a few on as couldn’t finish in the time.

VR is her strength and NVR she usually scores quite highly on too, although she really struggled on the NVR yesterday and said she had to guess a fair amount. She found the maths generally fine which is usually her weakest area, finished one section but the other section she said she had to guess the last few as ran of time. All the VR she was fairly confident on, but that’s her strength.

So all in all I think she found it ok, but not easy, and certainly she found the NVR hard!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now