Sutton stage 1 over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Allyfe

Sutton stage 1 over...

Post by Allyfe »

I was wondering if anyone knew when we find out whether or not they have made it to stage 2? I'm guessing a week?

Thanks!
Checkpost

Re: Sutton stage 1 over...

Post by Checkpost »

I gues we will know by 24th September for Second Stage exam on Oct6th
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

TEST DATES

17 September 2019 (Tuesday)
Selective Eligibility Test
For the participating schools that have second stage tests, all boys/girls who reach the required standard in the Selective Eligibility Test will be invited to sit second stage Entrance Examinations on the following dates:
28 September 2019 (Saturday)
Joint Second Stage Test for Nonsuch High School for Girls and Wallington High School for Girls
5 October 2019 (Saturday)
Shared Second State Entrance Examination for Sutton Grammar School and Wilson’s School

EDIT: 3yrs ago the SET was 14/9 and results emailed out 22/9 with the girls’ 2nd stage not until 1/10...I really hope they don’t wait a week to send out results from today as that’s really quite close to the 2nd stage date for girls.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

mp1981 that is helpful. I was looking back at last year and it looked like it was 6-7 days after stage 1 that notification emails went out for stage 2. I agree that if the notifications come on 24th, then it is very close to 28th!
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

any idea what the cut off score is like?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

From previous years, I don't believe you get a score or ranking after the first round, but locals will confirm.
scary mum
sleeplessmum

Post by sleeplessmum »

My dd sat it a couple of years ago and you don’t get a score after the first stage just a pass to the second stage.

After the second stage you will get your dd score, as well as pass score and the highest score.

My ds sat it 4 years ago and if they follow the same policy, the boys will not get a score just stating a pass and you can put their school on the CAF form but no score is given.
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

scary mum wrote:From previous years, I don't believe you get a score or ranking after the first round, but locals will confirm.
Correct. If you pass, you’re told as much. If you don’t, I believe you get your score.

I can only speak for Wallington & Nonsuch, but 3 years ago if you did not pass the second stage, you got your score. It was the first year (I believe) that student had to pass both English & Maths to pass the test, not an aggregate score.

Cut offs were 83 for English & Maths. My daughter scored 102(!) and 82. I can’t stress enough how important the appeals process is. A week later after remarking, she was told there’d been a mistake and her raw score moved a point higher in maths and her standardised score moved to 83.

She is in Year 9 at WHSG now and absolutely loving it (top set in maths...) so my message would be “do NOT be disheartened) if it’s a close call, mistakes do get made in stage 2!

As for today’s SET at Wallington, my daughter said the maths was tricky and the English easier, which surprised me, knowing where her strengths lie.

Let’s hope we get results by Monday at the latest.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

mp1981 wrote:
scary mum wrote:From previous years, I don't believe you get a score or ranking after the first round, but locals will confirm.
Correct. If you pass, you’re told as much. If you don’t, I believe you get your score.

I can only speak for Wallington & Nonsuch, but 3 years ago if you did not pass the second stage, you got your score. It was the first year (I believe) that student had to pass both English & Maths to pass the test, not an aggregate score.

Cut offs were 83 for English & Maths. My daughter scored 102(!) and 82. I can’t stress enough how important the appeals process is. A week later after remarking, she was told there’d been a mistake and her raw score moved a point higher in maths and her standardised score moved to 83.

She is in Year 9 at WHSG now and absolutely loving it (top set in maths...) so my message would be “do NOT be disheartened) if it’s a close call, mistakes do get made in stage 2!

As for today’s SET at Wallington, my daughter said the maths was tricky and the English easier, which surprised me, knowing where her strengths lie.

Let’s hope we get results by Monday at the latest.
OHHH!!!! My DD thought that the Maths wasn't too hard, and found the English harder (a lot of questions not on her strength). She has a tendency to not read the question properly, so her finding it easy could either be because it was okay (she is very good at Maths), or because she didn't read the questions properly. Glad I'll find out soon if it is a pass or not.
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

Not reading the question properly is a very common theme, believe me!

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now