Music Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Scorch

Music Test

Post by Scorch »

Hi,

When do the results the posted on website?

Thanks
blahblah

Re: Music Test

Post by blahblah »

http://www.swhertsschools.org.uk/calendar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next Thursday, around noon.
Daniela mistretta

Post by Daniela mistretta »

Can anyone help ..my son has past the music Aptitude test ,so has been asked back for the audition...I have emailed south west herts consortium..and they are not any help .
Can anyone help he wants to sing ,Can anyone tell me what to do or expect for on the day.
matp123

Post by matp123 »

copy & paste from SW herts website

Music Aptitude Test Second Stage:
You will be given time to warm up prior to your performance.
Your performance time must not be longer than 3 minutes.
You cannot bring your own accompanist.
If you wish for a member of our staff to accompany you, you must bring music sheets for them.
You may only play one piece of music. A medley is a musical composition made up of a series of songs or short pieces; this is allowed, as long as the piece is one continuous piece. Two separate pieces are not allowed.
If you require a non-electronic piano for your warm-up, you must request this upon registration, otherwise an electronic piano will be offered. A non-electronic piano (with pedals) will be available for the actual test though you must request this of the Clerks upon registration when you arrive.
If you require an electronic piano for your test, you must request this of the Clerks upon registration when you arrive. Whilst an electronic piano/keyboard may be available for your warm-up, one may not be available in the examination
room. Please ensure that you ask the Clerks for one to be offered for the actual test.
The keyboards we have available are Casio, if you require any other type you must bring your own.
Amps and music stands can be provided.
Any backing track must be brought on CD only. Please ensure that the track required is clearly specified and where possible, the only track on the CD to avoid confusion. We cannot listen to back tracks brought in on MP3, USB or mobile phone.
If you require percussion/drums we have rooms set up for this, however, please note that the drum kit is acoustic. You must request this of the Clerks upon registration when you arrive.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It is all friendly and relaxed. Your child will be taken to a warm up room 10 minutes or so before their audition. The first time we did it i could go with my child, the second time I couldn't.

They will ask your child a few questions which is mainly to put them at their ease. Things like how long have you been learning? Do you play any other instruments? They may ask a couple of questions about your chosen piece.

It is marked on accuracy, dynamics, harmony and articulation I think with 15 marks awarded to each.

One of the examiner's in the room will accompany your child if you wish or I am pretty sure you can bring a CD as well.

If your child has taken music exams it will be like a short version of one of those.

Good luck and hope they enjoy it.
Daniela mistretta

Post by Daniela mistretta »

Thank you Hera,for your info I really appreciate it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now