Bursary threshold for North London Indies

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MayKat80

Bursary threshold for North London Indies

Post by MayKat80 »

Hi All,
We were just wondering if anyone has any idea/ experience of the threshold for bursaries for some North London Indies?( looking at HABS, MTS, UCS, Highgate).We think we might be in the "can't afford but won't qualify category" ( a decent single income, but zero assets, renting, not much in savings) and wanted to get a general idea, before getting our financial situation heavily scrutinised. Any help would be appreciated? Thank you.
MCLC

Re: Bursary threshold for North London Indies

Post by MCLC »

I've not got any direct experience with the schools that you mention but have you spoken to the bursars yet? I spoke to a few schools and they were more than happy to give me an indication of the level of help we could expect to receive if our dd was successful. One of the schools we applied to actually have a sliding scale on their website and the offer we received matched the scale. Most schools expect both parents to be working unless there are very young children at home. We had to fill out a list of outgoings which included rent, council tax and so on. We also had a home visit from one school. Please feel free to pm if you wish to ask further questions.
MayKat80

Post by MayKat80 »

Thanks for responding. I do plan on speaking to them. Just needed an idea incase anyone knew of the cut off.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Have you checked their websites?

https://www.habsboys.org.uk/Bursaries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As a guide, free places may be awarded where total assessable household gross income is below £30,000. Where an offer of a free place is made, and a student uses the school coach service this will also be subsidised. The ceiling for eligibility for financial support is approximately £70,000 gross. Between these two figures contributions towards fees will be on a sliding scale. At 11+, awards may also take account of academic merit, and can be offered in conjunction with an Academic or Music Scholarship.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now