Kent test 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunilvsn

Kent test 2019

Post by Sunilvsn »

Hi all,
My two kids gave kent 11 plus on 12 September 2019. They were really bright but found VR and NVR spatial bit hard for them. Exam details removed by moderator. English and maths were ok. Just want to get some feedback of group kids. How was your kids exam and how they felt after exams?
Please don't give any information which might help late sitters and put your own children at a disadvantage.
Staypositive09

Re: Kent test 2019

Post by Staypositive09 »

Sunilvsn wrote:Hi all,
My two kids gave kent 11 plus on 12 September 2019. They were really bright but found VR and NVR spatial bit hard for them. Exam details removed by moderator. English and maths were ok. Just want to get some feedback of group kids. How was your kids exam and how they felt after exams?
Please don't give any information which might help late sitters and put your own children at a disadvantage.
My son was also saying the same, spatial reasoning and one section of VR were very challenging. He was also very sad because of this . Maths and English were easy. I think most of students did fine NVR and VR quite challenging this year. Let’s finger cross and wait for the results.
Herewego1

Post by Herewego1 »

It makes me worry that they all found maths and English so easy.. if a huge amount of kids get very high scores, surely these scores will kind of be worthless..?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Every year the raw scores are standardized so this takes away any perceived effect of an easier or harder test.
Herewego1

Post by Herewego1 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Every year the raw scores are standardized so this takes away any perceived effect of an easier or harder test.
Thank you!

Just as well I am not doing the 11plus as still don’t really get it. So many are saying the maths was so easy.. so if they all get 23/25 for example the standardised scores will all be high???

Will just have to wait and see, it will all become clear!!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Herewego1 wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Every year the raw scores are standardized so this takes away any perceived effect of an easier or harder test.
Thank you!

Just as well I am not doing the 11plus as still don’t really get it. So many are saying the maths was so easy.. so if they all get 23/25 for example the standardised scores will all be high???

Will just have to wait and see, it will all become clear!!!
In that case, the mean score would also be 23, the standard deviation would be zero and so everyone's standardised score for that paper would be 100...?

Quoting from an old post on the Essex forum:

In each case the calculation proceeds as follows:
Standardised score = (((raw score - mean) /standard deviation) x 15) + 100

So

(((23 - 23)/0) x 15) + 100.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The example was 23/25 TM :D

There is an explanation of standardised scores here
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:The example was 23/25 TM :D

There is an explanation of standardised scores here
Yes, but the issue is all the scores being the same, so there is no difference between the mean and individual raw score and the sd would be 0?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ah, yes I see :D
scary mum
Poplol

Post by Poplol »

My son did mention that the spatial reasoning was hard and didn't finish it. I wasn't expecting that because he's really good at NVR
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now