Newstead sample paper - how does it compare to the exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Allyfe

Newstead sample paper - how does it compare to the exam?

Post by Allyfe »

So, we picked up the sample paper at the open day today. I was wondering how the level and timing compared to the actual exam? And, I have a probably bad question, but how did your girls do on the sample? My daughter did well on the verbal, but rather less well on the nonverbal. There were a number of silly mistakes, but she didn't have time left over to check them.

I know, on the other thread, Pettswoodfiona - you said your daughter found the actual Newstead exam less time-pressured. I was just curious to know how the sample timing compares to the real thing.

Thanks!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead sample paper - how does it compare to the exam?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

We didn’t know the sample paper existed before DD sat the test so didn’t get one so sorry can’t comment.

When I say less time pressured I am comparing to Kent and Bexley tests that DD sat at the same time.

Appreciate that doesn’t help much. Hopefully others whose DDs did do the sample paper will comment.

Is your DD sitting next week or in a year?
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

PettswoodFiona wrote:We didn’t know the sample paper existed before DD sat the test so didn’t get one so sorry can’t comment.

When I say less time pressured I am comparing to Kent and Bexley tests that DD sat at the same time.

Appreciate that doesn’t help much. Hopefully others whose DDs did do the sample paper will comment.

Is your DD sitting next week or in a year?
She is sitting the exam next week! She did Kent and had time to check everything but at this stage I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

All sounds very promising. Good luck to your DD.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

PettswoodFiona wrote:All sounds very promising. Good luck to your DD.
Thank you and I hope so! I'm worried she just didn't read the questions properly. Glad we don't have too long to wait to find out!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I see the admissions paperwork says the results will be ‘posted the week of 14th October’ that is less precise than in past years when they stated the actual date the results would be posted. Have they given you any more precise information than is on the SIF?
Advice2018

Post by Advice2018 »

The style of questions is quite similar to sample paper from open day.
Main thing at this stage is to stay relaxed before the exam, although easier said than
done! Good luck for Friday.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

PettswoodFiona wrote:I see the admissions paperwork says the results will be ‘posted the week of 14th October’ that is less precise than in past years when they stated the actual date the results would be posted. Have they given you any more precise information than is on the SIF?
The letter says they will be posted from Friday 11th. Odd that is from not on.