Newstead Wood Exam 27th Sept

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lotty

Newstead Wood Exam 27th Sept

Post by lotty »

My DD sat the exam today and has just come out saying it was so easy!!!!! I believe what she is saying as I know her well, now my fear is that something awful has gone wrong, either she was looking at different questions or the questions were so tricky she fell in a trap. REALLY concerned now!

Anyone else had feedback from theirs?
sobz70

Re: Newstead Wood Exam 27th Sept

Post by sobz70 »

Yes everyone who sits the exam, says it is really easy but results are unpredictable, both of my daughters said it was easy but one passed and one didn't and I have seen this in many others too. Goodluck for the results!
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

There was one section of NVR my daughter found tricky, but she thought the rest was okay.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

As Sobz says it is a deceptive test. Nearly every girl I know the year when DD sat the test said it was easy, one got 198 as her result so clearly something hadn’t gone right for her, another breezed through with 260. DD said it was easy and whilst she did well and is loving the school, she did far better on the Bexley test in comparison.

Do bear in mind there are more sitting the test tomorrow and some late sitters in January so no details about the test should be shared.
lotty

Post by lotty »

I didn't realise there were more tomorrow, I haven't discussed the content, it was just my concern that something horrible could have gone wrong, I have read about previous experiences and wasn't expecting this, will leave it until the tests tomorrow then would be interested in others feedback, not really fair to discuss it further today.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Please don't discuss any details tomorrow either - as Pettswood Fiona said, the test may also be used later the the year. Please also be wary of PM's asking for information.
scary mum
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

Any idea on how many Students would write the sep 2019 Newsteadwood exam overall?

Would the students writing in January 2020 be considered differently compared to Sep2019 applicants? (With respect to eligibility)
BR5mum

Post by BR5mum »

My daughter took the test 2 years ago with 5 others from her school. They all came out saying it was the easiest test, but only 3 out of 6 of them passed (2 who didn't pass NW managed to pass Bexley and Kent). My daughter scored 229 for NW, but had much higher scores in Bexley (top 180) and Kent (over 400). However there are lots of girls in her class at NW who got really high scores on the NW test. As the others have said, it's a deceptively tricky test. There's really not a lot you can do now except wait for the results (my son has just done the tests as well). Good luck!
lotty

Post by lotty »

I already have a DD at the school, she in fact thought she had fluffed the test but got a great score, that I understand, I have never heard of anybody enjoying the test and coming out with a huge grin saying that was easy! I must say without being rude that the eldest seems to have the brains in the family hence my complete shock and concern with the younger ones reaction, I just wondered if over the years standards in the exam were slipping to make it easier.

As you say we will have to wait and see, I won’t be holding my breath!
lotty

Post by lotty »

To my knowledge there were NO tests at the school yesterday (Saturday) although some said there would be, neither parents or 6th form pupils were asked to help, if anyone has any direct knowledge that a second test did take place I would be interested to know.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now