School tours

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Griff1

School tours

Post by Griff1 »

Does anyone know if the glos grammars contact you to arrange tours after the results? My DC & I have viewed all the grammars last year, but with the number of schools to visit & managing expectations post-test, I’m not happy to increase the stress levels until we’ve got the results.
Thanks.
cazien

Re: School tours

Post by cazien »

No they do not contact anyone. They publish dates on their websites a to when tours are available - some before results day, some after. You can contact the school to ask for a personal tour.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

In 2017 pates wrote a letter which was received morning after results day inviting us to an open morning.

Just checked results emails, most included an invite to their open day the following week. Can’t remember if these were open days published on their websites or just for those who achieved a qualifying score.

Hope this helps.
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

We got invitations to look around again from a couple of the schools (SHS & Denmark). I think it was for those who'd achieved a qualifying rank & was just aimed at the y6 with CAF forms to complete imminently rather than the more general open days published on websites.

Hope that helps.
chumba

Post by chumba »

Thanks, that makes sense. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to be invited!
cazien

Post by cazien »

In previous years the generic "you have passed" results email just invited you to their next advertised open day. Just wondering, as some schools now have open days before results day, does your "congratulations" email include an invitation?
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Last year, Pates and Tommies both offered extra visits for those who had qualified (Pates put on a bit of a show, more like an open evening, Tommies did a lower-key tour), and Crypt and Marling both had general open evenings already scheduled between results and the application deadline, so just invited us to those. HTH.
jearund

Post by jearund »

That does help, Eviewin, thank you. Two weeks to go.....
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Definitely good to know as would like to revisit Denmark road if we get a qualifying score. Two weeks is till far too long... but the test doesn't seem like it was two weeks ago
Griff1

Post by Griff1 »

Thank you all for your comments. It sounds like I can keep my visits to the advertised ones for now.