Sutton - Total seats and offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sillydaddy

Sutton - Total seats and offers

Post by sillydaddy »

Hi
I wanted to check how many offers do Sutton Schools roll out for girls (NonSuch and Wallington) at the end of Stage 2, against how many seats.

We are OOC and wondering if successfully completing Stage 2 guarantees or near guarantees a seat, given the school does not share marks.
Oneoftwothings

Re: Sutton - Total seats and offers

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I thought the girls’ schools do share scores? I have a DS and know the boys’ schools don’t.

You might find this useful: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/download/down ... t_2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Number of applications is the same as number who passed second stage test, more or less.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/105/announ ... nouncement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From an earlier year. I’m sure I have seen details of scores for OOC vs IC too.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

Even if you are in county second stage doesn't guarantee a place (not even close). I believe there are something like 370 girls places across the two schools and normally 800-900+ sit the second stage. To get the OOC places you need to be one of the top scorers. So very much no guarantee I'm afraid.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Although I’ve heard of some grammars over offering I don’t believe the Sutton girls offers more than the advertised number of places. Although over 900 sit second stage not all will apply, it’s a practice run for some for other grammars or private. So exact odds of a place are not known.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

918 put Nonsuch on their application forms last year.
871 put Wallington Girls.
There are 210 places at each school.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

But of that number, some will go private, many will go to Tiffins, and some will decide to stay closer to home. Once you have your scores though, you’ll be able to make a fairly decent guess as to your chances by comparing the previous years’ data, unlike the boys :cry:

Best of luck for tomorrow, girls!
Mintmallow

Post by Mintmallow »

Oneoftwothings wrote:918 put Nonsuch on their application forms last year.
871 put Wallington Girls.
There are 210 places at each school.
Hi, does anyone know the number of applications in 2018 (number that put a valid application on CAF form) for Wilsons and Tiffin boys?
I see there is info for this on Wallington boys and Sutton Grammar, but not Wilsons or Tiffin. Or have I missed it? If anyone knows, it would be useful. Thanks.
acool

Post by acool »

My DD scored 330 and thinking Nonsuch and Wallington Schools on the CAF, we live 35 miles so OOC, can someone help me with the chance offering a place to these two schools?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now