Sutton Stage 2 (Non-such & Wallington Girls)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maap

Sutton Stage 2 (Non-such & Wallington Girls)

Post by Maap »

My DD has just completed her Stage 2 test and we are all so relieved its all over as far as Sutton is concerned. Stage 1 of Tiffins on Tuesday now to go :(
rdrp77

Re: Sutton Stage 2 (Non-such & Wallington Girls)

Post by rdrp77 »

How was stage 2 for wallington girls and nonsuch? I am relieved that it is over as well.
Mum2019

Post by Mum2019 »

Without revealing the content , how difficult or easy is the test ?
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

My daughter found the maths quite challenging, left a few Qs. Maths is her stronger subject, she said they were time consuming Qs

The English/creative writing seemed a bit left field to me, not something she’d practiced or anything I’d seen in any preparation material.

She did her best and is very relieved it’s done!

Results likely to be mid Oct I’d imagine. .
quartz2208

Post by quartz2208 »

DD said the same she said although it was not something she had practice the hall was buzzing and smiling after the English
Maths though (her stronger subject) she said was far tougher and a couple she couldn’t answer and that there were 2 they were told not to attempt. She said everyone thought it though as the vibe was v different
Reckon around the 15/16th we are in Nonsuch catchment (literally other side of the park) so have some breathing space
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

Agree about English and Maths. Latter is also my daughter's strongest and she said Maths was hardest she has done. She said all were saying the same.
gssutton

Post by gssutton »

Same with DD..Math is her stronger subject but she said that the paper was time consuming and tough. She wasn’t able to attempt around 5 questions.
We are in catchment also so hoping for the best at this point.
magic16

Post by magic16 »

My daughter said exactly the same. Maths was a bit harder but she worked it out (method) though but she doesn't think she got the right answer. Apparently there were 2 questions which were very difficult..

English, was a different matter - she was surprised at how easy it was and she loved writing about it.

It seems many girls were shocked as they were not expecting it.

Good luck to everyone!
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

For English my daughter struggled with an idea and so hers was a bit random. It assumed the girls would have something obvious to write about, I think. But she did her best so I'm proud. We celebrated with afternoon tea. We don't have Tiffin so enjoying it being all over!
Maap

Post by Maap »

My DS said maths was a little tricky, with two questions being quite difficult. The english paper was easier than the maths.

Do we know by any chance how many children took the stage 2 tests today?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now