Do secondary schools have noticeboards to advertise?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BucksBornNBred

Do secondary schools have noticeboards to advertise?

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Apologies for the strange subject title! Basically I have recently become involved in an evening club (not so much after school but a bit later) which I believe might interest some older children (13+) and I have been looking for ways to promote it as it is a club which encourages fitness combined with a similar skill taught by many schools (a sport of sorts).

It is a not-for-profit group that just want to teach this skill and I guess my question is... would it be acceptable to approach schools to ask them to place an advert on a board (if they have such things)?

Sorry to sound so vague about the actual activity.

Many thanks for any advice.

BBB
kenyancowgirl

Re: Do secondary schools have noticeboards to advertise?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It certainly wouldn't hurt to approach the school - you could of course, suggest the group offer to arrange a free taster session in the school (maybe after school one day) or via the PE teacher in a games afternoon.
BucksBornNBred

Re: Do secondary schools have noticeboards to advertise?

Post by BucksBornNBred »

kenyancowgirl wrote:It certainly wouldn't hurt to approach the school - you could of course, suggest the group offer to arrange a free taster session in the school (maybe after school one day) or via the PE teacher in a games afternoon.
Thank you KCG. That is a good suggestion, so I will speak with the club to see if that is feasible and, if it is, approach the school.