Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brackenboo

Results

Post by Brackenboo »

Will the school websites add any details on regarding when results will be sent, everything I can see says the 14th. Trying to resist the urge to email the school to see if they will be the Friday this year again, not sure last year whether it was the Friday's date that was given?
Eromdap

Re: Results

Post by Eromdap »

The results have been out on the Friday for the last few years. I think the schools give the Monday as the date the results should be out BY either to allow for postal results to come through or in case of any technical difficulties on the email system.
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

Thanks, after the events of last year with results changing from what I’ve read on the forum, I might wait a few days before telling DS results and filling out the CAF! So I’m hoping results do come out next Friday.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Really hoping it goes smoothly. At least we didn't have issues with the paper itself like one of the areas did. I'm hoping for the Friday so DD has time to process before back to achool.
jearund

Post by jearund »

There will be a separate email from each school you shared the results with so even if one of them didn't get the results out on Friday, you'd have a good idea how your DC did from the others. I would hate to wait until Monday. Even a week on Friday feels like an eternity (though at least we are into single figures for the days now!)
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

In 2017 when my daughter did the test, the results came out on the Wednesday, which was the 11th, so I would think you will get the results on the day they say, not before. I still have the emails, got the first one at 3.11pm, just before she came out of school.
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

Do they give you the ranking for every school, I.e could you get ranked 2487 or do they just rank you if you qualify?
jearund

Post by jearund »

It varies. When DD did the test (also in 2017) she initially qualified for Denmark, Stroud and Ribston, so got rankings for all 3. She didn't qualify for Crypt, which we were very surprised about, and she didn't get a ranking so we had no idea how far off she had been. She also didn't qualify for Pates, but they still gave us her ranking.
When Crypt decided to qualify the top 800 instead of 600, we got an email saying she had now qualified, giving her rank (which was 602 so she had been very close the first time!).
Just to be clear - you get a different rank for each school as the cohort is different. If everyone shared with every school you'd get the same rank for all girls' schools, and for Tommies and Marling. Crypt and Pates are different because Pates applies a minimum pass mark to each area of the test and you have to pass all of them to qualify (e.g. maths, NVR, VR - not sure if comprehension counts separately or as part of English along with VR).
But because not everyone shares with every school, your position in the ranking will be different for each school. E.g. DD was 289 for Denmark, 291 for Ribston and 264 (I think) for Stroud.
Hope that all makes sense!
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

Thanks, that’s really helpful and good to know what to expect next week!
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

So just one week until we will be frantically refreshing our emails by the minute!
This is going to be the longest week EVER!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now